Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike Friedman

This guy is hilarious... bringing fun to sales

6 posts in this topic

I have seen this before but never ever tire of watching it.

You've probably noticed a time or two me saying that I am all about having fun and I believe you can make almost anything that you do, fun.

Comedy in sales does work well. I've used it in offline sales before and found it very effective while doing sales presentations to an audience as well as selling one on one.

Awesome video example!

Terra

We saw this video in the other forum.

Agreed. His humor makes it much easier to buy, if you are selling low dollar products to consumers. He would do well in an infomercial selling just about any household product.

His cadence and timing are great. He has one joke after another, as  a way to keep the prospect from saying "No". I can see why he's successful at selling cleaning solution.

Once you start talking about any real amount of money (Maybe $500 or more) humor alone isn't enough. They need to see real value, and have serious questions answered.

But if he were selling vegetable slicers on the  street corner, he'd be great.

1 hour ago, Claude Whitacre said:

We saw this video in the other forum.

Agreed. His humor makes it much easier to buy, if you are selling low dollar products to consumers. He would do well in an infomercial selling just about any household product.

His cadence and timing are great. He has one joke after another, as  a way to keep the prospect from saying "No". I can see why he's successful at selling cleaning solution.

Once you start talking about any real amount of money (Maybe $500 or more) humor alone isn't enough. They need to see real value, and have serious questions answered.

But if he were selling vegetable slicers on the  street corner, he'd be great.

I would imagine that depends on what that $500 item is and the audience for it.

When I did presentations/fashion shows when I owned my lingerie and women's fashions and accessories business, it wasn't unusual for women to drop $500 or more per show. Men either for that matter. ;)

Terra