Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike Friedman

Edit to Reputation System

6 posts in this topic

A change to the reputation system (the 'likes' on forum posts) was made in order to keep in better line with the focus and vision of the forum.

I could not find a way to continue to allow 'likes' in a specific subforum that just did not count towards a members overall likes count without removing them completely.

I personally do not put a lot of stock in things like post counts, likes, and thanks on forums, but I know that some people do, especially when they are new to a forum.

For that reason, the 'likes' option has been removed from the The Bar. If I find a better solution that can be implemented easily, we will do that. It is likely a permanent change.

This change does not reflect any ill feelings towards that area of the forum or people that participate there. It is simply to better put the reputation system in line with what the majority of visitors are looking for here.

Terra, 100DegreesC, HeySal and 5 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes sense. 

I PM'd Mike about this a month ago, so if anyone is ticked about the change, you can blame me. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 100DegreesC said:

Makes sense. 

I PM'd Mike about this a month ago, so if anyone is ticked about the change, you can blame me. :P

You weren't the only one.

It's been an ongoing complaint for awhile. It was just one of those things that kept getting pushed off and then forgotten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

You weren't the only one.

It's been an ongoing complaint for awhile. It was just one of those things that kept getting pushed off and then forgotten.

I agree with this one.  It's not like there's any stimulating or intelligent conversation down there. When people come here and see the likes, they assume that the person knows what they're talking about.  If the OT was anything like the WF OT the first few years I first got on that one, I might disagree.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 100DegreesC said:

Makes sense. 

I PM'd Mike about this a month ago, so if anyone is ticked about the change, you can blame me. :P

Me too :P

16 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

You weren't the only one.

It's been an ongoing complaint for awhile. It was just one of those things that kept getting pushed off and then forgotten.

I was one of them...

6 hours ago, HeySal said:

I agree with this one.  It's not like there's any stimulating or intelligent conversation down there. When people come here and see the likes, they assume that the person knows what they're talking about.  If the OT was anything like the WF OT the first few years I first got on that one, I might disagree.  

And this was my thought exactly when I brought it up....

HeySal likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we would all like to still see a Thanks button of some kind in The Bar, but just not have it count towards a user's totals, but if that is not an option, I am totally behind this idea.

BIG Mike, HeySal, Terra and 5 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.