Sign in to follow this  
Mike Friedman

Clubs

One of the new features on the forum is I can now add "clubs".

Clubs are your own group, with its own, more or less, forum.

I'll setup an example of a club so everyone can check it out.

Here are the options for a club as far as privacy versus them being public.

8aHftV5ZR6SyqbZTkDSghQ.png

The creator of a club can setup their own moderators too.

I could see these being used in a lot of different ways.

But is there any interest in using these? 

I don't necessarily want the membership to all just splinter off into their private sectors, but if a few members have some worthwhile ideas they would like to use a club for, I'll keep it as an option. 

You will see a link in the main menu for 'Clubs' or you can go here http://spartanmarketingacademy.com/forums/clubs/

I think this is a great new feature Mike.  Does the title of the club have to stick with SEO/IM or any particular theme?  Like say I wanted to start a computer repair club, or a recipe club..... the possibilities are endless!  

What are the rules? :)  

12 hours ago, Khemosabi said:

I think this is a great new feature Mike.  Does the title of the club have to stick with SEO/IM or any particular theme?  Like say I wanted to start a computer repair club, or a recipe club..... the possibilities are endless!  

What are the rules? :)  

It doesn't really have to stick to a theme, but it would probably be best if they stick to something business related, online or offline. 

On 8/3/2017 at 8:51 AM, Mike Friedman said:

One of the new features on the forum is I can now add "clubs".

Clubs are your own group, with its own, more or less, forum.

I'll setup an example of a club so everyone can check it out.

Here are the options for a club as far as privacy versus them being public.

8aHftV5ZR6SyqbZTkDSghQ.png

The creator of a club can setup their own moderators too.

I could see these being used in a lot of different ways.

But is there any interest in using these? 

I don't necessarily want the membership to all just splinter off into their private sectors, but if a few members have some worthwhile ideas they would like to use a club for, I'll keep it as an option. 

You will see a link in the main menu for 'Clubs' or you can go here http://spartanmarketingacademy.com/forums/clubs/

That's really cool.

You could basically setup paid micro membership sites for members that have a product to sell in Spartan Special Offers. So, example, instead of someone selling a PDF about SEO they could post the content in a club as multiple private thread OPs and it would be interactive for buyers, they could ask questions, etc...

2 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

It doesn't really have to stick to a theme, but it would probably be best if they stick to something business related, online or offline. 

Dammit Mike!  I was up all night thinking of secret handshakes!  

Thank you for the clarification! :)  

13 minutes ago, yukon said:

That's really cool.

You could basically setup paid micro membership sites for members that have a product to sell in Spartan Special Offers. So, example, instead of someone selling a PDF about SEO they could post the content in a club as multiple private thread OPs and it would be interactive for buyers, they could ask questions, etc...

Yes. One thing they have not done yet is integrate the commerce functionality directly into the clubs. For example, the Inner Circle membership automatically upgrades members to have access to the private forum areas after completing their purchase. There is no way to do that with clubs yet, but it would not be hard to setup a process for members to do that manually. The leader of the club can approve and disapprove members on their own. I do not need to be involved nor do any of the staff here.

So yes, there are a lot of possibilities and that is certainly one of the most interesting potential ones. 

On 8/19/2017 at 9:59 AM, ShayB said:

I like the club option for Mastermind groups and also for 30 Day Challenges that wouldn't be public. It might give people a way to post more specific questions if they're stuck. :) 

We can certainly open clubs up for things like this.

I'm working on putting some structure together for a club focused on beginners and intermediate level marketers looking for some help.