Sign in to follow this  
Wirenut

Getting more calls

I have a website for my local service.

First let me say this, it ranks very well in most local towns against other electrician.  However,  my biggest competition isn't other electrician, it's the big referral company and directory websites.  Searching for "electrician near me", "electrician in -townname-", etc. gives 2 pages of Yelp, businessfinder.nj.com, thumbtack, porch, houzz, elocalelectrician, angieslist, yellowbook, manta, indeed, whodoyou, whitepages, homeadvisor, etc. etc.

My website will come up as the first or second actually electrical contractor in the rankings.  I also come up as the first company when they click the link to Yelp and a few other directories that show up in the Google results.

Here's the thing, I don't feel like I am getting enough calls.  I know electrical work is being performed in these towns, and I know my website is coming up for people using Google to look for electrician, and customers tell me they liked my site.  So what gives?

Most of the calls will go to the business listings in the local pack versus organic listings for searches like that. So if you are not showing up in there, you will only get a fraction of the traffic. Showing up first in the Yelp listings is good, but people will tend to scroll through those a little more versus just calling the first one. Especially if you are sitting there at 4.5 stars for your reviews, and the second listing has 5 stars. 

I show up 1st in the local pack for my town and the next town over for any search involving electrician.  I have 15 solid 5 star reviews which is more than any other contractor.  But even from that, it seems like I am not getting enough calls.

And then there are all the other towns surrounding my area in which I use town based landing pages to try and come up high in the organic results since I'm not able to get high in the local pack due to being located in another town.  Those organic result also don't get enough calls, even though I come up before most other contractors.  It just seems odd, and depressing lol.