Sign in to follow this  
whateverpedia

No, Netflix, just no.

Tomorrow, Netflix (everywhere except Americastan*) is launching a remake of an old show that absolutely no-one asked for.

No, Netflix. Just no.

* In Americastan it's shown on something called the CW channel, whatever the hell that is. If this is the sort of guff they dish out, I can only assume CW stands Cack Wank.

Given his love of crappy (ie not Whatty-worthy) TV shows, Riffle probably watches it regularly.

Dynasty, yeah, l remember that slop, or the guy out of I Dream of Jeannie, wears a big hat, and acts like an ars****e a lot, and someone tried to assassinate him in the end, so at least it had a happy ending.

Free to air, is full of shows we wish were buried with the Atari 2600, ET games in the dessert, but no, we have to endure them all over again.

I was relieved when the Nanny was Finally buried, but no back again, and again.

And cooking Frickin shows, l can't wait for 5 year old's to star in a cooking show, probably called My Children Rules?

But just as long as we have an army of cooks that are passionate about it, theh it will be more of the same.

I am passionate as well, but more along the lines of getting value for money with the knife set, and using up the garbage bags.

B)

1 hour ago, whateverpedia said:

Given his love of crappy (ie not Whatty-worthy) TV shows, Riffle probably watches it regularly.

Talk to me when you move to a country where you can watch "Man in High Castle".

(I was always more of a Knott's Landing guy, myself...)

1 hour ago, Dan Riffle said:

Talk to me when you move to a country where you can watch "Man in High Castle".

It's on Amazon Australia. Interesting show bit disappointed in it to tell the truth. Worth a watch, some good performances but we'll have to see if the distinguished panel of judge decides if it's Whatty-worthy or not.

The best show on AmAu is actually American Gods*, which is gaining some positive feedback from the Whatty's panel of judge.

Neither of these shows is red hot favourite at the moment though.

Oh yeah, and there's two new categories of show that have been added. 

In case you're interested, so far possible contenders for this year's Whattys come the following sources (in alphabetical order)

ABC**

ABC***

Adultswim

AMC

Amazon

BBC

Channel 4

CBS

Comedy Central

Fox

FX

HBO

Hulu

Netflix

Showtime

Stan

Starz

Plus a few joint ventures between some of the above and some of the above****.

So, as you can see there's enough variety in that range to disappoint/annoy everyone.

Footnotes:

* I know that's on Starz in Americastan, however it's on Amazon here.

** American Broadcasting Company

*** Australian Broadcasting Corporation

**** You'll see what I mean by that when the final nominees are announced on January 20, 2018 (You've probably got that marked down in your calendar already.)

1 hour ago, yukon said:

Lol, Australians only watch US shows?

No. We get shows from Australia, Canada, Britain, Americastan, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Holland, New Zealand and various other countries around the globe.

Unlike Americastan we don't feel the need to steal shows from other countries and remake them. In fact of all the shows that have been remade for America, not one of them is a patch on the original. They're often good, but still no match for the originals.

2 hours ago, whateverpedia said:

That was Dallas.

40 minutes ago, whateverpedia said:

Amazing, but not surprising. ;)

True, l got my s***t mixed up, and yeah, Whatti, make sure you eat all of your candles, they are good for you.

B)

2 hours ago, whateverpedia said:

It's on Amazon Australia. Interesting show bit disappointed in it to tell the truth. Worth a watch, some good performances but we'll have to see if the distinguished panel of judge decides if it's Whatty-worthy or not.

The best show on AmAu is actually American Gods*, which is gaining some positive feedback from the Whatty's panel of judge.

Your panel is a bunch of drunken, slack-jawed dotards if they think American Gods > Man in High Castle. 

American Gods is sufficient, yet disappointing. It's the equivalent of the sexual prowess Claude wishes he could reach.

45 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

Your panel is a bunch of drunken, slack-jawed dotards if they think American Gods > Man in High Castle. 

American Gods is sufficient, yet disappointing. It's the equivalent of the sexual prowess Claude wishes he could reach.

The distinguished panel of judge will take your feedback into consideration when deliberating the finalists.

Or not.

41 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

Great...the one time I have sex with a man...and he's disappointed. Maybe if you were better looking......

Just now, Claude Whitacre said:

Great...the one time I have sex with a man...and he's disappointed. Maybe if you were better looking......

This post was false by the third word. 

Actually, the first season of MITHC was very good. The second season not so much. However it will be the upcoming third season that will be judged for inclusion in this year's awards however. The Whattys do not reward former glories. You either deliver that year, or you miss out.

48 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

This post was false by the third word. 

Fair enough...let me correct it...

Great...the multiple times I have sex with the same garden gnome...and he's disappointed. Maybe if you were better looking......

25 minutes ago, whateverpedia said:

They most certainly did. Beyond all expectations. They pissed you off no end. Mission accomplished.

I wasn't pissed off. I was disappointed. You know, like Claude's father. 

17 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

You know, like Claude's father. 

And mother, and brother(s) and sister(s) and uncles and aunts and cousins and teachers and schoolmates and wife and.... well the rest of the human race really.

21 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

I wasn't pissed off. I was disappointed.

I see. So you express disappointment by conducting a rowdy protest that disrupts other patrons enjoyment.

I get the impression that next year's ceremony will be a garden gnome punchathon

25 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

I wasn't pissed off. I was disappointed. You know, like Claude's father. 

My father is dead. And he died disappointed in me. In fact, his last words to me were... "You disappoint me"

2 minutes ago, whateverpedia said:

And mother, and brother(s) and sister(s) and uncles and aunts and cousins and teachers and schoolmates and wife and.... well the rest of the human race really.

My cats love me. OK...my cats act like they love me....because I feed them. OK...my wife feeds them....and my cat's love my wife.....and I introduced them...so...

By osmosis....somebody loves me.