Sign in to follow this  
whateverpedia

No, Netflix, just no.

8 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

Great...the one time I have sex with a man...and he's disappointed. Maybe if you were better looking......

This has to be Mandella in action. I would check Claude for braces and make sure that the sun hasn't changed color in any image outside?

:blink:

9 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

Great...the one time I have sex with a man...and he's disappointed. Maybe if you were better looking......

I have heard from dozens of men that you are a lousy lay and can't even satisfy yourself, let alone a partner.

8 hours ago, Dan Riffle said:

I wasn't pissed off. I was disappointed. You know, like Claude's father. 

8 hours ago, whateverpedia said:

And mother, and brother(s) and sister(s) and uncles and aunts and cousins and teachers and schoolmates and wife and.... well the rest of the human race really.

8 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

My father is dead. And he died disappointed in me. In fact, his last words to me were... "You disappoint me"

My cats love me. OK...my cats act like they love me....because I feed them. OK...my wife feeds them....and my cat's love my wife.....and I introduced them...so...

By osmosis....somebody loves me.

Unwritten rule, huh ???????

32 minutes ago, discrat said:

Unwritten rule, huh ???????

There is a line and the quoted jokes didn't cross them. The subject of the joke is not necessarily the subject of the punchline. Claude is the punchline in those jokes. His son was the punchline in yours.

I pass no judgment, however. I've spent the past 40-some years refining the "lovable asshole" persona and still occasionally cross the line. Although, my errors tend to fall in the "goes to well too many times" variety.

51 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

There is a line and the quoted jokes didn't cross them. The subject of the joke is not necessarily the subject of the punchline. Claude is the punchline in those jokes. His son was the punchline in yours.

I pass no judgment, however. I've spent the past 40-some years refining the "lovable asshole" persona and still occasionally cross the line. Although, my errors tend to fall in the "goes to well too many times" variety.

Ahh there's the rub...actually Claude was indeed the punchline in my joke. To formally have some sort of punchline you must be at least a little familiar with the said subject. The fact of the matter is I know nothing about his son , never seen him, or  know any ongoing narratives about  about him in any way, shape, or form i.e being large, views, religion, personality etc..etc..

So I was basing this character strictly on what I know about Claude and making a harmless joke about a video strictly predicated (and aimed at )  Mr.Claude  Whitacre and Mr. Claude Whitacre only and what I know about him.   Almost like ribbing a young Claude ( with exaggeration of course) and using this persona on the video.  It was nothing at all about his son and if it indeed it was ( in the manner you imply and Claude's initial gut reaction)   it would be the antithesis of who I am and the manner of which I have interacted with Claude the last 5 years or so. In essence it  would be totally inconsistent with our relationship hence my puzzlement  with his reaction. 

It would be no different if I had started a Thread about Shane and wrote "Shane,  get a hold of your  son"  and then proceeded to introduce a video that showed a young boy who was acting overly enthusiastic and maybe acting a little neurotic while participating in a group of people using a crystal ball to summon evil spirits and deceased relatives. Completely about Shane and nothing meant about any son he might or might not have. Just harmless parody, exaggeration,  and satire while utilizing a particular persona.

3 hours ago, discrat said:

Ahh there's the rub...actually Claude was indeed the punchline in my joke. To formally have some sort of punchline you must be at least a little familiar with the said subject. The fact of the matter is I know nothing about his son , never seen him, or  know any ongoing narratives about  about him in any way, shape, or form i.e being large, views, religion, personality etc..etc..

So I was basing this character strictly on what I know about Claude and making a harmless joke about a video strictly predicated (and aimed at )  Mr.Claude  Whitacre and Mr. Claude Whitacre only and what I know about him.   Almost like ribbing a young Claude ( with exaggeration of course) and using this persona on the video.  It was nothing at all about his son and if it indeed it was ( in the manner you imply and Claude's initial gut reaction)   it would be the antithesis of who I am and the manner of which I have interacted with Claude the last 5 years or so. In essence it  would be totally inconsistent with our relationship hence my puzzlement  with his reaction. 

It would be no different if I had started a Thread about Shane and wrote "Shane,  get a hold of your  son"  and then proceeded to introduce a video that showed a young boy who was acting overly enthusiastic and maybe acting a little neurotic while participating in a group of people using a crystal ball to summon evil spirits and deceased relatives. Completely about Shane and nothing meant about any son he might or might not have. Just harmless parody, exaggeration,  and satire while utilizing a particular persona.

Harmless, Harmless!!! :o:wub::wacko::blink:

Ok!

B) PS l have a son in a parallel universe.

8 hours ago, discrat said:

Had you made the joke about Young Claude, the essence of what you said above would be correct. It's a thin line, but its there. 

For example, if I posted a video of a woman in a compromising position with a donkey and said it was your wife, that'd be crossing a line. I can't hide behind the loose logic that I don't actually know your wife. You'd still be in the right to be mad, if not search me out and punch me in the face. 

However, if I posted a video of a blind woman who couldn't smell and said it was your wife, that'd be okay. There's nothing inherently wrong with being blind or lacking a sense of smell. The punchline is that you are ugly and smell. The jokes on you. 

Of course, its all subjective and perception is reality. Claude perceived it the way he did and that's what matters. At least, that's how I see it. 

9 hours ago, yukon said:

Remember when this thread stood for something that no one asked for?

Where's Jessie Mandella?

i would say that Lanfear is running some new data through his search protocols, to prove once and for all that the Mandela affect is legitimate?

Although asking a psychoanalyst that saying that "the sun has changed color since l was a kid is crazy or not", might be a better use of his time?

B)

45 minutes ago, Tagiscom said:

i would say that Lanfear is running some new data through his search protocols, to prove once and for all that the Mandela affect is legitimate?

Although asking a psychoanalyst that saying that "the sun has changed color since l was a kid is crazy or not", might be a better use of his time?

B)

I know I have said this before but I swear for the Life of me a few years back he went by and had it spelledLansfear !! I just know it was. Can anyone confirm this as well ?? Anyone ? Claude, Riffle, Mandella ??

5 hours ago, discrat said:

I know I have said this before but I swear for the Life of me a few years back he went by and had it spelledLansfear !! I just know it was. Can anyone confirm this as well ?? Anyone ? Claude, Riffle, Mandella ??

I remember Lanssfear, but an all night bender, and reading one of Claude's posts, saying how he is 100% sure that he doesn't believe in anything that scares his cats, may also come into consideration?

B)