Sign in to follow this  
MikeTucker

Automatic SEO?

Are there any fully-automated SEO tools that work?  If so, what is their price range?

Alternatively, what is the price-range for people who do all of your SEO work for you?

(People that are actually good)

...Just being honest with myself here, I'm never going to bother to learn SEO, it changes too much... 10 years later and I still haven't learned HTML and it hasn't changed very much from what I understand... it's just too easy to pay someone else to do it...

Just trying to do a very rudimentary cost:benefit analysis here for about 2K sites, nothing too deep yet, so ELI5 please!

6 minutes ago, MikeTucker said:

Are there any fully-automated SEO tools that work?  If so, what is their price range?

No.

6 minutes ago, MikeTucker said:

Alternatively, what is the price-range for people who do all of your SEO work for you?

(People that are actually good)

It really depends on the market a client is trying to reach and level of competition. 

My client invoices currently range from $500-$6500 per month.

1 hour ago, BIG Mike said:

Why not? 

The problem with automated tools is they can only create weak, low-quality links.

There was a time when things like Web 2.0's, profile links, and article directories were still weak links, but in massive quantities, you could rank moderately competitive keywords. 

In really, really massive quantities like godoveryou used to do (he had a rig setup that was pumping out like 1 million links per hour), you could even rank pretty competitive keywords with automated tools.

Today though, those kind of links are so weak and Google filters like Penguin give you more of a chance of getting penalized than getting ranked.

15 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

No.

It really depends on the market a client is trying to reach and level of competition. 

My client invoices currently range from $500-$6500 per month.

Are your rates more affected by difficulty, or number of sites?  Which is more work in your case?

11 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

The problem with automated tools is they can only create weak, low-quality links.

There was a time when things like Web 2.0's, profile links, and article directories were still weak links, but in massive quantities, you could rank moderately competitive keywords. 

In really, really massive quantities like godoveryou used to do (he had a rig setup that was pumping out like 1 million links per hour), you could even rank pretty competitive keywords with automated tools.

Today though, those kind of links are so weak and Google filters like Penguin give you more of a chance of getting penalized than getting ranked.

I wasn't thinking so much about automating link building, but more in terms of overall SEO - with today's technologies, along with what I see coming, I know it's possible to build a "Super Tool" that could guide a user from step one through an ongoing process that monitors and automates things like research, competitors, etc. that would, in fact be Google Proof (unless the user did some very stoopid things). 

Just food for thought...

6 hours ago, MikeTucker said:

Are your rates more affected by difficulty, or number of sites?  Which is more work in your case?

Ummm... both? There is a limited amount of resources I can and/or am willing to share between sites. For example, if a customer wants to rank 5 different sites, I'm not going to link to all 5 sites from the same sites necessarily, even if they are in the same niche.

6 hours ago, BIG Mike said:

I wasn't thinking so much about automating link building, but more in terms of overall SEO - with today's technologies, along with what I see coming, I know it's possible to build a "Super Tool" that could guide a user from step one through an ongoing process that monitors and automates things like research, competitors, etc. that would, in fact be Google Proof (unless the user did some very stoopid things). 

Just food for thought...

When I hear "automated" and "SEO" my mind immediately jumps to link building tools. 

You are right though, there could be a tool that helps with some of that other stuff.