mkgg

Does disavowing really work ?

I have mentioned my site that was hit by negative seo and i have been trying to recover it, building good links but its too damn tiring and the results aren't as great as i can get for a different site (a new site i started ranks at #4 with no link-building while this one sits at #6-#7 with a link from one of my PBN sites and PBN aren't cheap). 

I see others doing it and nobody is talking great results, so should i bother with it ?. Just to give a perspective by the way

es65nPn.png

Only 109 were natural/high quality links, the rest are from negative seo attack. I don't want to lose the site as i had it from 2008 and thats years of hard work and memories associated with it.

What do you guys suggest ?

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

It is hard to leave a site you have invested a lot of time and effort in behind. If you rely heavily on search traffic to make the site profitable and time/money permits, I would probably start a new site while still trying to recover the old site.

If a lot of your bad links are pointing at internal pages, instead of the home page, you could try deleting those pages as an alternative to the Disavow Tool.

Outside of that, I probably would give the Disavow Tool a try if nothing else is working. Once a site has tanked, there really is nothing to lose at that point, right?

In the meantime, I would build a new site in case the old one does not recover. If it does recover, now you have 2 sites positioned to take even more search traffic. And even if the old site never recovers, it still might be bringing in decent traffic from Bing and Yahoo.

I myself have not used Disavow often. I have had two cases where the sites did recover, but in those cases we were also doing a lot of other things too. I could not say with any confidence if it was the Disavow Tool that brought the rankings back, the other activities we were doing, or a combination of the two.

I've used the disavow tool on a site. It's been about a month now and I've not seen any meaningful changes. But I check it regularly and if or when I do see anything I'll do a write up about it.

I keep thinking one day I'll check it and see that it's back.

If a lot of your bad links are pointing at internal pages, instead of the home page, you could try deleting those pages as an alternative to the Disavow Tool.

Some of them were which i deleted but most of them are pointing to homepage.

I guess i will wait for it to recover then, some of the links are dying (rather slowly though), had 3000 half a year ago now its just 2409. Maybe in a year or two they would be less than 1000

Un-fucking-believable....my PBN's site is ranking at #9 for the keyword i am targeting with just 3 posts in the whole blog. This should tell you how strong it is.

Can you guess where my money site is at that i am linking out to ? Number 7!!. What the fuck ?. It hasn't moved an inch higher in rankings and the pbn site has slowly from page 2 #18 to #9 now.

Sorry for the swearing guys but this really sucks  <_< I finally lose all hope for this site to recover

It can't be that bad If you have 3 pages ranked for the same keyword (#4, #7, #9). Surely you're seeing some traffic.

Maybe, aim for the schema box If possible, you've already done 50% of the work (ranking on the 1st page of the SERPs).

It can't be that bad If you have 3 pages ranked for the same keyword (#4, #7, #9). Surely you're seeing some traffic.

Maybe, aim for the schema box If possible, you've already done 50% of the work (ranking on the 1st page of the SERPs).

Oh the #4 one is for a different keyword. My niche is software related and the problem is some of my competitors (more popular than me) are offering the same thing for free so the visitors get what they want from the top 3 ranking sites, coming down to 7th position you know the same traffic isn't there and the visitors have already been to the other ones so you have to have something special to offer. There is of course traffic but its just not the same as being at the top. I am not selling something that sells for hundreds of bucks, its really small amount but the number of people buying is what makes it profitable.

I have no idea about implementing schemas or showing them. Seems difficult ?

@Mike: Yeah i am going to use it for something else now, maybe rank my new site or use it as a money site. I had hopes despite the evidence that the site may recover or rank for something lol, its not easy to let go of something you have worked on for close to a decade and this site has been that for me :(.

Here is something funny that happened to me, from a PBN that i am linking to this site, i just added a link to one of my competitors (to see if my PBN site was bad?) and he just hit #1 from #4 while the same link hasn't been doing me any good  :D

Made me happy that at least my PBN site wasn't a dud

Here is something funny that happened to me, from a PBN that i am linking to this site, i just added a link to one of my competitors (to see if my PBN site was bad?) and he just hit #1 from #4 while the same link hasn't been doing me any good  :D

Made me happy that at least my PBN site wasn't a dud

LMAO, that's actually an awesome test. That way If the link is a death wish it'll %$#@ up the competition SERP position.

Now pull the plug & remove the link, ha, ha.