Sign in to follow this  
Mike Friedman

Almost instant Google answer box

This is pretty interesting. So the kids were freaking out because they could not get the Xbox to work online tonight. 

Not the first time ever, so I went online to search if Xbox Live (which is their online service) was down.

This is what I saw.

2UTQYez.png

Maybe I have been asleep at the wheel, but this is the first time I have seen a Google answer box show up about something that is only a few hours old.

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

The schema box is gone when I search, Google News is ranked #1.

So it did not last very long. That is interesting that they were doing that basically in real time. It's not like they were taking the post from Xbox directly either.

The same domain as the OP schema box screenshot is now ranked #1 with a Google News article.

Notice the latest screenshot below also has 3 hours old, I think it's the same internal page URL as the OP screenshot.

• hxxp://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/627755/Xbox-Live-down-Xbox-One-sign-in-Xbox-360-Microsoft-confirm-why-is-Xbox-Live-down

GMEGVbb.png

So the past few days since finding this I have been trying to find other searches where we get instant answers in the feature box. 

I have been unable to do find anything like it.

I did do a similar search for the Playstation Network thinking I might see something similar. Right now they are showing a feature box, but it is from a post in September.

1v8dLGj.png

In other news... Holy crap. Kids surviving without Xbox?!?! How did they manage?

You would have thought the zombie apocalypse had hit here.

Lol, I know it's a joke but they would just instantly boot up PS4 or PC instead

E: To complain on the interwebs, mind you

In other news... Holy crap. Kids surviving without Xbox?!?! How did they manage?

You would have thought the zombie apocalypse had hit here.

Lol, I know it's a joke but they would just instantly boot up PS4 or PC instead

E: To complain on the interwebs, mind you

Yes. It was instantly to PC's and cell phone games.

On this topic, Google picked up a page from one of my website as an answer box and the traffic to my website is now tripled! Not sure how the algorithm work but I guess you should be lucky :)

Ordered bullet list (<ol>) can trigger schema SERP boxes that show a list.

I've been in a few answer boxes, didn't really notice much difference in traffic got to say. I've typed in my keywords before and then looked at related searches and where any are questions I've edited any relevant pages or posts with the question in a heading and written a new paragraph on it and it's done the trick. Only done it couple of times though to be honest.