Sign in to follow this  
patadeperro

Bruce Clay 2016 SEO predictions

http://www.bruceclay.com/blog/2016-seo-digital-marketing-predictions/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=seonewsletter_012016

Some of them seem pretty interesting to me (such as the increase of bing customers on their PPC advertising platforms due to the high Google cost and good quality), but some others seem just non sense, lets discuss them please.

Web Hosting

I thought most of those predictions were pretty silly.

The Bing PPC thing is wishful thinking. Ask anyone who has run any significant Bing Ads campaign. The traffic quality is much poorer and the ads are really not all that less expensive a lot of times. 

Bruce's prediction of many searches having only 4 organic results... I honestly thought the article was written as a joke at that point until I continued reading. People have been predicting that sort of nonsense for about 8 years now. Same goes for the demise of link building...

Lot of mobile this and mobile that in those predictions, which would be great predictions... two years ago. Much of what they were "predicting" is already here.

How many times have we heard mobile beats out desktop over the last few years? It does get silly after a while. 

Desktop & mobile aren't one or the other they each serve different purposes. Try downloading & running Photoshop on a smartphone or try searching for a restaurant on the interstate highway with a desktop.

It's like saying a hammer is going to be better than a saw this year. Sure the hammer is better, If you're pounding nails.

You have Interesting takes on the predictions, I want to comeback for a moment on the bing issue and share with you some of my numbers:

87qu5k7.png?1

This is a comparison between Google traffic (PPC and SEO) versus BING (just SEO) through several months, you can see that overall bing is sending more quality traffic (look at the second column from right no left, the conversion rate), I dont really sompare the prices per click, but the aquisition cost (how many clicks should I buy to make a sale?), because sometimes the Pay per click may sound lower, but in fact at the end is more expensive because you are buying way too many clicks before making a sale, this is a tendency I have seen for some time.

It's one example though and it is not comparing AdWords versus Bing PPC traffic.

Do it across 10 campaigns with Bing PPC.

There are always going to be exceptions, but overall I have always found Bing Ads to be worse than AdWords. Not to mention, their interface and the options they offer is 10 years behind what AdWords is doing.

It's one example though and it is not comparing AdWords versus Bing PPC traffic.

Do it across 10 campaigns with Bing PPC.

There are always going to be exceptions, but overall I have always found Bing Ads to be worse than AdWords. Not to mention, their interface and the options they offer is 10 years behind what AdWords is doing.

Absolutelly, this is just one example and it can be even anecdotical in the broader sense, but I just found interesting that I have been notice that on several of my sites. As you said perfectly I am not really comparing pure bing PPC traffic against Bing ppc , but what draw my attention is the quality on the conversions, I will take a look and see how it goes