Sign in to follow this  
yukon

Google is Monetizing Google Images

SEMrush

That is new... I cannot recall seeing it before. Kind of surprised that it took them this long.

Searching around a little bit, I cannot find anyone talking about this.

Might be something worth sending to Barry and see if he gets an official statement from Google on it.

That is new... I cannot recall seeing it before. Kind of surprised that it took them this long.

Searching around a little bit, I cannot find anyone talking about this.

Might be something worth sending to Barry and see if he gets an official statement from Google on it.

I only noticed the Google Image ads when researching the first screenshot keyword in OP.  Here's another Google Image ad example for the keywords pool tableping pong table.

d2ypEG2.png

CPrMZbM.png

Notice the Google Image screenshots all have one thing in common, the Google Shopping tab/link at the top of the search results is always in the 2nd position (All | Shopping | Images | etc...).

I have never seen that, are you in North America english configuration browser Yukon?

US, east coast running Chrome.

I cleared my browser earlier & now all the ads are gone for the searches I did in this thread. Apparently Google was testing new ads.

I've been unable to replicate that using either firefox or chrome, after trying with both google.com and google.co.uk using the exact same search term.

I find it an odd concept. If I'm searching images of something, then I might want to buy images, but it's unlikely that I'll want to buy the underlying product.

And how will they differentiate a more casual search? If I search 'swiss cheese plant', as I did the other day, are they going to try and sell me houseplants? If I put in 'Sherilyn Fenn 2016' are they going to try and sell me the Twin Peaks boxset? It could quickly get annoying.

Having said which, it's a heck of a lot more visually concise than adwords.

I've been unable to replicate that using either firefox or chrome, after trying with both google.com and google.co.uk using the exact same search term.

I find it an odd concept. If I'm searching images of something, then I might want to buy images, but it's unlikely that I'll want to buy the underlying product.

And how will they differentiate a more casual search? If I search 'swiss cheese plant', as I did the other day, are they going to try and sell me houseplants? If I put in 'Sherilyn Fenn 2016' are they going to try and sell me the Twin Peaks boxset? It could quickly get annoying.

Having said which, it's a heck of a lot more visually concise than adwords.

Like I said earlier the Google Image ads are connected to Google Shopping so they would only show ads If there's something similar on Google Shopping. Do the same keyword searches I did on Google Images & click the Google Shopping link on the SERPs, you'll see some of the same products being sold by the same vendors.

Just like Adwords every keyword won't have a bidder with something to sell so you naturally won't see ads for every keyword.

The Google Image ads are back.

I searched all the previous keywords in this thread, the ads are now showing.

I searched some new random keywords, screenshots below...

YZ5zuMZ.png

HD8Kf0j.png

kz7Tw6s.png

oqeekMS.png

6yGXUgQ.png

MkhingC.png

I can predict which keywords trigger the Google Image ads while I'm searching regular Google SERPs (text SERPs). Like I said before, If the Shopping tab/link at the top of the SERPs isn't in the 2nd position there won't be any ads on Google Images.

Again proving Yukon ranting on for years about image search money being good money, turns out to be true :)

Yep, images sell products.

Imagine sites like amazon or ebay without images, their sales wouldn't be very good.

Someone at Google has been testing Google Images like crazy here lately. Now the ads on Google Images are replaced with the colored search boxes (screenshot below).

This same keyword (pool table) once generated ads, see my earlier screenshot in this forum thread.

Look at the keyword list in those colored boxes, some are off the wall irrelevant words that have nothing to do with pool tables (ex: aquarium, garage, swimming pool, lego, etc...)

554.png

Look at the keyword list in those colored boxes, some are off the wall irrelevant words that have nothing to do with pool tables (ex: aquarium, garage, swimming pool, lego, etc...)

554.png

Not related? You're crazy. I was planning on putting the pool table in the garage beside the aquarium with easy access to the swimming pool.

So how is that not related?  :rolleyes:

Not related? You're crazy. I was planning on putting the pool table in the garage beside the aquarium with easy access to the swimming pool.

So how is that not related?  :rolleyes:

...but the legos, what about the legos?

Seriously though, those box keywords should be things like...

• pool cue
  • pool cue tip
  • pool table balls
  • pool table slate
  • etc...