Sign in to follow this  
Ingie

Indexing Issue lately?

Hey guys any of you had issues getting any new posts indexed lately? On my main site I simply can't get any new posts indexed where I've never had an issue. I tried indexing other posts on my other sites and can't get them indexed either.

I fetch as google to index them which usually only takes about 2 minutes. Now I have tried everything from pinging the urls, post links on social media sites and still nothing.

Anything going on with google that you guys are aware of?

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

Hey guys any of you had issues getting any new posts indexed lately? On my main site I simply can't get any new posts indexed where I've never had an issue. I tried indexing other posts on my other sites and can't get them indexed either.

I fetch as google to index them which usually only takes about 2 minutes. Now I have tried everything from pinging the urls, post links on social media sites and still nothing.

How do you know they're not indexed, how are you checking?

Let's see.

66.249.79.196 4/9/16 11:38 AM Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)

It was actually at 12:38PM, I haven't fixed the timezone on that account. Everything (DNS/WP) was setup in the past 2 hours. Domain might be penalized, we'll see.

I pinged bing but it hasn't come around yet.

Edit: Seemed to be taking too long so I checked it in the search console, domain has a "pure spam" manual action. Fail.

How do you know they're not indexed, how are you checking?

I do site: search but also have been googling the exact url just to see if maybe the site: isn't working correctly..both nothing.

Let's see.

66.249.79.196 4/9/16 11:38 AM Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)

It was actually at 12:38PM, I haven't fixed the timezone on that account. Everything (DNS/WP) was setup in the past 2 hours. Domain might be penalized, we'll see.

I pinged bing but it hasn't come around yet.

Edit: Seemed to be taking too long so I checked it in the search console, domain has a "pure spam" manual action. Fail.

Bummer, I don't have any manual actions but still nothing new on the indexing new posts.

I also tried it on domains with separate hosts and ones with zero plugins to test any nothing across the board.

Are you losing pages already indexed or only having a problem indexing new pages?

Double check for a noindex in the HTML source code.

Without the domain/URL all we can do is guess.

Are you losing pages already indexed or only having a problem indexing new pages?

Double check for a noindex in the HTML source code.

Without the domain/URL all we can do is guess.

nope not losing any pages and ya there is nothing noindex wise checked. Also checked the googlebot and it is crawling the url fine.

Was just starting to narrow it down to something on googles end or maybe wordpress? Since nothing will index across any sites.

Today's project does seem to be taking longer to index then I remember. I used to be able to get domains and content indexed in < 2 hours without doing anything special. I'd just let my sitemap plugin ping google. It's been about 4 now and google hasn't updated yet. From the logs, it looks like googlebot hasn't decided to actually crawl the content yet.

Today's project does seem to be taking longer to index then I remember. I used to be able to get domains and content indexed in < 2 hours without doing anything special. I'd just let my sitemap plugin ping google. It's been about 4 now and google hasn't updated yet. From the logs, it looks like googlebot hasn't decided to actually crawl the content yet.

Ya I figured something is going on. It seemed to start just as the new penguin update rumors started flying.

I actually have a brand new site taking a little longer than usual to index. 

I blocked search spiders while I was setting it up, which I usually do not do. However, this is one where I imported a bunch of demo content for the theme. Last time I did that with this theme, I had 60 extra pages index right away that were just demo content. 

I opened it up to spiders on Wednesday. Fetched as Google on the same day. I did not notice, but the Fetch returned an error. Not sure if it was the site or on Google's side, but it said something like temporarily not available. I did not notice that until Thursday. Did the fetch again with no issues. Still not indexed though. I know it has only been a few days, but usually with the Fetch on a new site, it is indexed within 48 hours, if not much faster than that.

Maybe they have put a hold on indexing while they roll out a new update? This is new territory for me so just pure guessing atm.