Sign in to follow this  
yukon

Bitcoin is Booming

9 hours ago, yukon said:

Ha, ha, Bitcoin is currently at $5,840 as I post this comment.

It's going to crash hard, lmao. I'm still holding out since this happens all the time when it reaches new highs.

Last time it dropped $1,000 right before it hit $5k, might do the same right before it hits $6k which is ok if $5K is the new average. Repeat...

I did not expect it to go that high before coming back down. Something about those $1000 increments that freaks people out and makes them sell... usually.

I still think from past experience it will go below $5K again at some point here in the next few days.

14 hours ago, Ingie said:

A hard drive that has 7,500 bitcoins on it that was thrown away years ago is now sitting somewhere in a landfill in Wales at almost 50 million dollars.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/nov/27/hard-drive-bitcoin-landfill-site

That hurts. I wonder how many people have tried to go there and start digging through that filth.

11 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

I thought the predictions back in January and February of it hitting $10,000 by the end of 2017 were a bit aggressive, but it crossed $9,000 today. Looks like it is on pace to do so.

Current price is over $9600  https://www.coindesk.com/price/ Crazy  guess it may cross that mark in a few days. If you picked up one of the bitcoin spinoffs during the recent forks with bitcoin cash or bitcoin gold you are over 10 Grand. With just 1 coin ! 

Well, holy shit. It just said to hell with that $10,000 mark and blew right past to over $11,000 now.

0oCVbw93RbqOn9vdooeFkw.png

Ethereum and Litecoin are having a good month too. There are a lot of people that think Ethereum is actually the one that is going to last long-term and end up more widely accepted.

After that last pullback when it flirted with $11,000, it's been insane. Up over $15,500 right now. It's more than doubled in price in the last 30 days. There will probably be a hard pullback soon, but at the rate it is going, it might top $20k before the end of the year.

I heard a report yesterday that said the value of all cryptocurrencies is in the world is now higher than the assets JP Morgan has under management, which also happens to be one of the most outspoken critics of cryptocurrencies in the world.

Over $370 billion in cryptos now.

2 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

but at the rate it is going, it might top $20k before the end of the year.

It might hit $20k by the end of today. Coinbase had it at $18.5k a few minutes ago and then the site crashed. Probably getting flooded with traffic right now.

6 minutes ago, 100DegreesC said:

It might hit $20k by the end of today. Coinbase had it at $18.5k a few minutes ago and then the site crashed. Probably getting flooded with traffic right now.

And since you wrote that less than 10 minutes ago, it has come back to $16,800. A lot of people are probably going to cash out some profits. I would not be surprised to see it drop back below $15k in the next few days, and then start rising again.