Sign in to follow this  
Jill Carpenter

Devise me an SEO Plan Please

Hey there,

So I have a new client I'm sitting on here who I can get them set up with a better website, but they are asking about monthly SEO services which honestly is not something I currently do.

Client current site is here (yes, be appalled) hxxp://trees4life.biz.

I actually met client back in February and there was a better site up there at the time. They made a deal for an exchange of services but obviously the guy they got doesn't have a real clue and has screwed them.

They want their site to look something like this one here: hxxps://www.integritytreecare.org/

I'm looking for a plan of best keywords to target, and best ways to attack to get them on the front page somewhere in local searches.

I feel I can handle the onsite SEO, but they are wanting to go into the outside world after the site is fixed.

I'd appreciate either an itemized list with rates for services as added, or if anyone has a monthly thing they do you can shoot me that too.

They were paying $70 a month I believe which he said had them on the front page results at some time.

I will pay someone to give me some keyword research, and shoot me just a plan for now of what would be their best course of action.

Toss me a number on what you charge just to devise a plan - looking for something going on for 3-6 months perhaps just to get them out of the gate. I think once a bulk is done they will have a bit more freedom to relax on it and hopefully won't take too much time for the general up keep.

Web Hosting

The client site (site:trees4life.biz) isn't even indexed so how were they getting an awesome deal and ranking for $70 a month?

Lovin the footer links anchor-text  (Link1 | Link2 | Link3).

The client site (site:trees4life.biz) isn't even indexed so how were they getting an awesome deal and ranking for $70 a month?

Lovin the footer links anchor-text  (Link1 | Link2 | Link3).

There was a different wordpress site up before. And they had another domain which just expired: https://web.archive.org/web/20150702001803/http://www.treeservicespalmbay.com/

Not sure where they were being found, but as you can see they do need a new site now.

They cut me a heck of a deal on the yard service I'm getting today.

They're literally starting with a new site. I haven't looked at the SERP competition yet but I'm sure $70 a month isn't even a budget If they did their own SEO.

• What's the city/location they want to target (Whois says: Melbourne FL 32935)? 
  • I guess they're only interested in tree care/service keywords?

They're literally starting with a new site. I haven't looked at the SERP competition yet but I'm sure $70 a month isn't even a budget If they did their own SEO.

• What's the city/location they want to target (Whois says: Melbourne FL 32935)? 
  • I guess they're only interested in tree care/service keywords?

Yes, will be a new site. I might even push them to a different domain too as I'm not feeling the love with the .biz.

They want to target melbourne and beaches.

tree care, service, certified arborist, etc.

There is probably a good scrape of keywords to be found on the reference site in texas.

You could probably do this yourself pretty easily. At least the keyword research part.

http://spartanmarketingacademy.com/forums/topic/466-generating-keywords-for-local-seo/

Check out that video. There is a little site listed there with a tool that will make this a breeze.

All you need to do is come up with some basic keywords like

tree care in

tree care

tree care services

tree care services in

Plug them in that tool, give it a radius and zip code, then copy the results into the Google Keyword to check out search volumes.

For local SEO there are certain main keywords that I will use regardless of what the Google Keyword Planner tells me what the volume is. For example, if it tells me that tree care in melbourne gets zero searches, I'm going to use it anyhow.

The Melbourne area has a lot of tree businesses for such a small area. I only see one business that's actually trying to rank besides the usual local clutter (yelp, 3 pack).

I know most charge a lot of money to cut down trees (in town $300 - $400 per tree plus charge for stump grinding) so I'm not sure why they're skimping on the traffic budget ($70/month), that just seems out of place. That's 7 hours a month working for minimum wage not counting expenses.

We had a very full thing going on. All the other estimates came in at 750, and my guy did more for 500. Tossed him and his partner some pizza and beer money as a tip.

I asked him how many jobs/days a week he was averaging and he's up to 4 days a week and wants to push up to 5.

Mike, I'm hoping someone will run with this so I can pull them in to do the SEO as I'm likely not going to have time to be doing it anyway.

It should be a straight forward reverse engineer of who ever is ranking in order to figure out what these guys should be doing.

I know most charge a lot of money to cut down trees (in town $300 - $400 per tree plus charge for stump grinding) so I'm not sure why they're skimping on the traffic budget ($70/month), that just seems out of place. That's 7 hours a month working for minimum wage not counting expenses.

I forgot to add. He told me they did a mailing that cost over 3k but only yielded 2 customers. They are realizing how much they really need to get the website going so that budget might increase.

I forgot to add. He told me they did a mailing that cost over 3k but only yielded 2 customers. They are realizing how much they really need to get the website going so that budget might increase.

If you need help with autoresponder/newsletter writing/emails written to help out, let me know. :)