David Beroff

My first AdWords campaign...

...well, my first one in a very long time.  Looking for comments, feedback, critiques, etc.  If this is not allowed, please delete this, and accept my apologies in advance.

The ad itself:

143111_original.png

That then clicks through to a lead-gen page, and finally ends up with specific instructions showing how to get the deal.  Yes, you can click through the ad and fill out the lead-gen form normally if you'd like; none of the links here have Google tracking.

Please let me know what you think.  Thank you.

Web Hosting

...well, my first one in a very long time.  Looking for comments, feedback, critiques, etc.  If this is not allowed, please delete this, and accept my apologies in advance.

The ad itself:

143111_original.png

That then clicks through to a lead-gen page, and finally ends up with specific instructions showing how to get the deal.  Yes, you can click through the ad and fill out the lead-gen form normally if you'd like; none of the links here have Google tracking.

Please let me know what you think.  Thank you.

Very cool! I'm excited to watch how this goes. :) 

I am always hesitant to use the word "cheap" in ads like this. I think cheap is often associated with lower quality.

I forget off the top of my head, but does AdWords have a rule against putting the price in the title?

I think I would go with "$10 Voice Overs" in the title versus "Cheap Voice Over".

I would be interested to see a A/B split test of 2 ads like that. I have not done a test on it awhile, but in the past using a word like "cheap" always got me a lower CTR.

If the price cannot go in the title, I like words like affordable better than cheap.

I am always hesitant to use the word "cheap" in ads like this. I think cheap is often associated with lower quality.

I forget off the top of my head, but does AdWords have a rule against putting the price in the title?

I think I would go with "$10 Voice Overs" in the title versus "Cheap Voice Over".

I would be interested to see a A/B split test of 2 ads like that. I have not done a test on it awhile, but in the past using a word like "cheap" always got me a lower CTR.

If the price cannot go in the title, I like words like affordable better than cheap.

Definitely great points to keep in mind; thanks!

I admit, I've been very sensitive to price issues with this service.  When I compete on Upwork, et. al., I know my dime-a-word rate is fair for the level of quality that I offer, but try to tell that to clients who also see bids of a penny a word.  (Yes, you get what you pay for.)  On the other end of the spectrum, one can also pay a dollar (or more) a word.  (Yes, you get what you pay for.)  But yeah; points well taken!

I'm also working on a viral sweepstakes, where one winner each month will get a thousand words for free.  I'll probably feed PPC into that, as well.

I agree with what Mike said. The word 'cheap' in my experience has been an ad killer on AdWords.

Words like inexpensive, affordable, budget-friendly, reasonable, and bargain are much more attractive in ads.

OK; I'll try changing the ad text.

A bigger issue here seems to be the landing page "quality"; the big G stopped sending clicks because it's poor, especially for mobile.  Some things I guess I can fix, such as the font size and spacing between elements.  But the main element is an embedded YouTube video, and that's coming from Google themselves, so how I am I supposed to fix that?

David,

You need to put more content on that page. With basically just a video and opt-in form, it is always going to score low in their quality score.

Maybe there is a way to make it happen, but I have never seen a thin page like that score well in an AdWords campaign.