David Beroff

Finding other advertisers' geotargeting

Web Hosting

Nothing I am aware of does that.

It would almost be impossible to even check it manually with any certainty. Advertisers can restrict the times when their ads run during the day, their budget could blow out by 7:00 a.m., etc. So even when you don't see an ad, it might have nothing to do with geo restrictions.

Yeah; ok.  I kinda figgured.  Thanks.

There's also the opposite situation:  Local advertisers who clearly should geotarget and don't.  (e.g., dentists)  I almost think there's a small opportunity there, showing them how they're wasting huge amounts of money.

Yeah; ok.  I kinda figgured.  Thanks.

There's also the opposite situation:  Local advertisers who clearly should geotarget and don't.  (e.g., dentists)  I almost think there's a small opportunity there, showing them how they're wasting huge amounts of money.

God I would hope that they are smart enough to do that (or their PPC consultant is). Imagine being a dentist in St. Louis and paying for clicks from Baltimore. I would be pissed.

God I would hope that they are smart enough to do that (or their PPC consultant is). Imagine being a dentist in St. Louis and paying for clicks from Baltimore. I would be pissed.

That's my point.  I've seen it done from time to time.  I've even tried reaching out to the advertiser from time to time, but usually run into a brick wall.  {shrug}

That's my point.  I've seen it done from time to time.  I've even tried reaching out to the advertiser from time to time, but usually run into a brick wall.  {shrug}

Start clicking on their ads. Then send them a message and ask how they liked paying for all those clicks from Timbuktu. That should get their attention. Lol.

Start clicking on their ads. Then send them a message and ask how they liked paying for all those clicks from Timbuktu. That should get their attention. Lol.

But my point is that it doesn't, so I've stopped trying.  I used to try to be the nice guy, to no avail, and that was doing so for free, so forget trying to get a "finder's fee".

But my point is that it doesn't, so I've stopped trying.  I used to try to be the nice guy, to no avail, and that was doing so for free, so forget trying to get a "finder's fee".

No I get what you mean. Some people have to be slammed over the head with something to take action. Even then, most of the time they don't.