Sign in to follow this  
yukon

The Fine Art of Low Balling SEO Prices

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

We've all seen them, the guys that low ball SEO prices just to get the job.

It's not a pretty sight...

The only way to turn that train wreck of a job around is to upsell like a mofo.

I might be wrong, but I think it might actually be his own business. I think he contacted me once for help.

I might be thinking of someone else.

If not, you are totally right though.

We've all seen them, the guys that low ball SEO prices just to get the job.

It's not a pretty sight...

The only way to turn that train wreck of a job around is to upsell like a mofo.

I might be wrong, but I think it might actually be his own business. I think he contacted me once for help.

I might be thinking of someone else.

If not, you are totally right though.

I thought he was an SEO, lol.  ;D

If it's his own business that makes it even worse. His budget is $50 & he's a dentist? Yikes!

Turns out he's doing SEO for someone else.

It's not as easy as that, no where near.

As an example, If I was to leave my full time SEO job (I'm an SEO apprentice) to start going freelance - I wouldn't get ranked for a couple of months, and to find clients to earn the same as what I am on now could take months.

It's not as hard as it seems, for the first 6 months you'll be pretty skinty. Plus running your own business - you never know how much money you'll get.

As an example, If I was to leave my full time SEO job (I'm an SEO apprentice) to start going freelance - I wouldn't get ranked for a couple of months, and to find clients to earn the same as what I am on now could take months.

It's not as hard as it seems, for the first 6 months you'll be pretty skinty. Plus running your own business - you never know how much money you'll get.

Yep. I was wrong.

Did you also see his AdWords thread?

http://www.warriorforum.com/search-engine-optimization/1055589-adwords-campaign.html

He thinks he is going to get a ton of clicks on SEO related keywords with a $1/day budget.

Yep. I was wrong.

Did you also see his AdWords thread?

http://www.warriorforum.com/search-engine-optimization/1055589-adwords-campaign.html

He thinks he is going to get a ton of clicks on SEO related keywords with a $1/day budget.

He's a long ways off from being realistic about making a living from selling SEO. At the rate he's going he'll be writing checks to the clients to rank client pages.

Actually I think the concept of paying for SEO per hour is not that bad at all.

Especially when focusing on whitehat SEO, as most time would be spend on on-site SEO, finding link opportunities and outreach.

The Dutch agency that used to buy links from me is doing that right now, charging per hour.

Actually I think the concept of paying for SEO per hour is not that bad at all.

I've been doing some of this. Really depends on the gig. It's ok if you've got a SEO agency or a marketing agency who hands you a job with specs that are reasonably well thought-out and straightforward. It's a lot of work to get a client, negotiate, and manage the project.

The prices that the guy linked in the OP asks are way below any reasonable rates in my part of the world. 

I've been doing some of this. Really depends on the gig. It's ok if you've got a SEO agency or a marketing agency who hands you a job with specs that are reasonably well thought-out and straightforward. It's a lot of work to get a client, negotiate, and manage the project.

The prices that the guy linked in the OP asks are way below any reasonable rates in my part of the world. 

True, the company I had in mind while posting that is charging 40 euro/hour, which I still consider low really but well they are young and just starting, it's either that for them or working at some regular job that likely pays 10-15 euro/hour.