Mike Friedman

The Forum Has Been Upgraded

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

I'm not in Kansas anymore, Toto, but that's a cool thing! Oz is and has always been more attractive than Kansas anyway! ;)

I really like the looks of the new layout, Mike. Thumbs up!

Terra

I really don't want to complain, but...

I used to be able to reply to multiple portions of a quote by copy/pasting it two or more times, and then deleting the unwanted parts of each so that I could "thread" a conversation.  Same with multiquote.  Very kludgy, but it at least worked.  Now copy/pastes seem to work even less correctly than they used to, and it takes a very long time to make what should otherwise be a 30-second reply.

Plus, it seems like the Preview button disappeared; that was very helpful to be able to see how a post would really look before it was posted, especially given the above bug/kludginess.

Also, completely unrelated, but: could we please fix the "Location" under each avatar?  It's just a tad jarring to always see that.

Sorry to whine.  Thanks for your help and interest!

5 hours ago, David Beroff said:

I used to be able to reply to multiple portions of a quote by copy/pasting it two or more times, and then deleting the unwanted parts of each so that I could "thread" a conversation.  Same with multiquote.  Very kludgy, but it at least worked.  Now copy/pastes seem to work even less correctly than they used to, and it takes a very long time to make what should otherwise be a 30-second reply.

Plus, it seems like the Preview button disappeared; that was very helpful to be able to see how a post would really look before it was posted, especially given the above bug/kludginess.

Also, completely unrelated, but: could we please fix the "Location" under each avatar?  It's just a tad jarring to always see that.

Sorry to whine.  Thanks for your help and interest!

Unfortunately because it is a WYSIWG editor, there is not much that can be changed about the quote mechanics. It's not like vBulletin that uses the BBCODE. You can still copy and paste portions of a message, highlight it, and then hit the quote button in the toolbar above. You lose the part identifying who said it, but it will still break up the quote that way.

If you really want to, you can hit the Source button in the toolbar and copy and edit a quote that way too.

The preview button is till around. It is just in the toolbar now. Last button on the top bar to the right. Might seem weird for it to be in the toolbar, but that is where IP Board decided to put it.

The Location has been edited to not appear on one line anymore. I don't know why they coded it that way to begin with. If you entered anything longer than 8 characters or so, it pushed it all together. 

2 hours ago, David Beroff said:

You're going to anyway. :D

2 hours ago, David Beroff said:

There is a different, yet viable way to do so. I've used this as an example.

You merely have to click on the portion you want to quote, highlighting it. Then right click on the mouse as if you were going to find copy. If you'll look at the portion you highlighted, you'll see a "bubble" that says, "quote this". You click on it and it quotes the portion you want. Then move on to another. You don't have to quote the parts you want to skip over. That's what I did here in this post. It works for me anyway. :)

Terra

1 hour ago, Terra said:

You're going to anyway. :D

There is a different, yet viable way to do so. I've used this as an example.

You merely have to click on the portion you want to quote, highlighting it. Then right click on the mouse as if you were going to find copy. If you'll look at the portion you highlighted, you'll see a "bubble" that says, "quote this". You click on it and it quotes the portion you want. Then move on to another. You don't have to quote the parts you want to skip over. That's what I did here in this post. It works for me anyway. :)

Terra

Shit. I didn't know you could do that. Thank you.

Just found this forum. Saw someone whining about it on another forum, and figured if they didn't like it, I would probably love it. Took a little bit to figure out where they were talking about, but I managed. 

Like the look and feel of this forum software. Pretty cool.

Now to check out the rest of the place.

7 hours ago, Wunderkind said:

Just found this forum. Saw someone whining about it on another forum, and figured if they didn't like it, I would probably love it. Took a little bit to figure out where they were talking about, but I managed. 

I'm almost afraid to ask who it was. There are 4 possibilities that come to mind.

Welcome to the community.

14 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

I'm almost afraid to ask who it was. There are 4 possibilities that come to mind.

Welcome to the community.

I saw them post something that basically suggested that how many views one of their dumb threads got in an off topic area was somehow an indicator of whether or not the forum was viable (someone please explain that logic to me). They also ripped into another forum without naming it. Checking out their posting history, it seemed they often complained about the other forum, so I just had to see what the other place was about. Simple search on their username led me here. 

Trying not to name and shame though.

On February 2, 2017 at 2:00 PM, Wunderkind said:

It might.... :ph34r:

He's just a useless forum rat. Better to ignore than engage though. He'll just cry that he is unfairly singled out. The way he insults this place and Mike but still participates here is really aggravating. 

Meanwhile he offers nothing useful.

I'm going to go ahead and shut this thread down.

Don't worry. The insults have not gone unnoticed, but considering the source, they are not worth worrying about.