Sign in to follow this  
discrat

What is a person to do now that we can't carry our guns in Levi Strauss

If the gun toters are somewhere that it's unusual to open carry a weapon, I would imagine they're making a political statement right now more than anything else and really wouldn't worry too much about it -- especially NRA members.  They're about the safest people on the planet until they see someone else point a gun at someone.  

They also might be carrying in places that are no longer safe to warn criminals that they need to go elsewhere.  Frankly, if group of people came into my store open carrying rifles,  they're either carrying for some benign reason or I'm already screwed so I'm going to treat them like average customers.  If they are criminals, the lack of fear might confuse and deter them.  If they're just something like a hunting or NRA group they're not dangerous anyway, so..................

I would think that a person's reaction might be determined by how many open carriers they've been exposed to.  If you've never lived where it's usual to see -- then it probably can be quite intimidating. 

Edited by HeySal

Web Hosting

3 minutes ago, HeySal said:

especially NRA members.  They're about the safest people on the planet until they see someone else point a gun at someone.

That's hysterically funny. Twenty years ago - maybe! Nowadays they could be anti-government militia members. And that's a fact.

Frank

Anti-government  militia members aren't out to kill citizens. They're only cause is to protect people if the gov decides to get way out of control, and that happens.  I've been around many and I ain't skeered.  If they were the dangerous nutjobs the gov wants you to think (important in keeping you from fighting for your rights), I'd be long gone by these days.  There's nothing wrong with being anit-gov and ready when the gov goes rogue.  You have seen riots going on...........they are not anti-gov militia, nor are they NRA.  The NRA has 100 or 200 mil members or some such -- if they were a problem, you'd freakin' know it by now. LMAO. 

I used to even walk my dog up by the militia camps in N. Idaho, and one of  those were not just militia but a pretty radical Neo-Nazi group, accidentally trespassed many times.......none of them ever freaked out or tried to kill me.  

27 minutes ago, kay king said:

Frank - we've been discussing you at the other place.

As long as I'm the center of attention, my mission has been accomplished and my reputation is intact.

Who did you tick off this time?

Could be anyone. I have a very large fan club, over there.  lol

Do you want any messages passed on?

Nah! Best they miss me cold-turkey for a bit so they fully understand what life without me is like.  :-)

I do have a question, though. If someone is a total douche bag, and you call them a total douche bag, did you insult that person or just state an obvious fact - and, is there any difference between the two? Apparently I'm missing something as it relates to my inter-personal skills.

Frank

23 minutes ago, HeySal said:

Anti-government  militia members aren't out to kill citizens. They're only cause is to protect people if the gov decides to get way out of control, and that happens.  I've been around many and I ain't skeered.  If they were the dangerous nutjobs the gov wants you to think (important in keeping you from fighting for your rights), I'd be long gone by these days.  There's nothing wrong with being anit-gov and ready when the gov goes rogue.  You have seen riots going on...........they are not anti-gov militia, nor are they NRA.  The NRA has 100 or 200 mil members or some such -- if they were a problem, you'd freakin' know it by now. LMAO. 

I used to even walk my dog up by the militia camps in N. Idaho, and one of  those were not just militia but a pretty radical Neo-Nazi group, accidentally trespassed many times.......none of them ever freaked out or tried to kill me.  

Yeah, I get how you would feel that way. Personally, I'm very anxious for the day that the anti-government types decide to go up against the most powerful military on the planet. Does the military still use tank-based flame-throwers? I certainly hope so. That should be interesting - and over, quickly.

Frank

If, and when, things get that bad.........there will be a lot of military with them, Frank.   If the gov got that bad, even with most of the military would be deserting to the side of the people.  

Do you read history at all?  Maybe you just listen to too much media. Maybe you're just too much of a Statist to understand what is going on and what isn't. 

You ever been to Switzerland?  Did you think those people were terrorists or were you scared of them because they're armed?  

When was the last time you heard of an NRA member shooting anyone other than in self defense. Seriously. 

If you want to be scared of someone - be scared of those little gang punks with the saturday night specials, or the thugs creeping over our southern border with terrorism being the only reason to be here instead of being scared of people whose whole purpose to have guns is to protect themselves and their neighbors or to hunt.  Get a grip. 

29 minutes ago, HeySal said:

If, and when, things get that bad.........there will be a lot of military with them, Frank.   If the gov got that bad, even with most of the military deserting to the side of the people.

I really don't think so. The military is going to want to be on the side that wins. That won't be a bunch of goobers spouting ridiculous slogans about how the jack booted government is crushing their neck and their freedoms. Give me a break.  lol 

Do you read history at all?

No. I'm a comic book fan. I know that's how you love to view me, so I won't disappoint you. I have never read a book on any topic. - ever. I'm an uneducated moron.  lol

Maybe you just listen to too much media. Maybe you're just too much of a Statist to understand what is going on and what isn't. 

Maybe you always resort to your stock labels for people that don't share your conspiracy theories. Have you ever considered that?

You ever been to Switzerland?  Did you think those people were terrorists or were you scared of them because they're armed?

I have no idea what any of that means, but I'm guessing it has something to do with what you might have read on an alt-right website. 

When was the last time you heard of an NRA member shooting anyone other than in self defense. Seriously. 

I assume that whenever anyone shoots anyone, they are probably an NRA member. It's a kind of prejudice I carry with me. It's easier than having to research facts. I mean, if you never need facts for the stuff you are always posting on various topics, why the hell should I?

If you want to be scared of someone - be scared of those little gang punks with the saturday night specials,

Grew up in Philly and spent 14 years in Manhattan. Never was scared of anything or anyone and never had a reason to be. I don't see boogey men everywhere I look.

or the thugs creeping over our southern border with terrorism being the only reason to be here

I'll bet you love to run that movie in your mind. When you reach the end, do you shout, "Thanks, Obama?"

It didn't take you long to get to that BS that is constantly touted by the right. When was the last time anyone was killed by a terrorist that snuck across our southern border? See how that works when someone else is asking the questions?  :-)

instead of being scared of people whose whole purpose to have guns is to protect themselves and their neighbors or to hunt.

I'm not afraid of them. Since I know how dangerous they are, I do everything to avoid them at all costs. I stay away from trigger-happy, twitchy-fingered people that are just waiting for someone to make a wrong move, regardless of how innocent it might be - and gladly blow their head off. I know them well. They're my neighbors and I hear how they talk. It's shameful - and scary as all hell.

Get a grip. 

Get a clue!  :-)

Frank

P.S. I thought you were 'ignoring' me. I know - it's impossible to do. Or - are you "giving me another chance."  lol

God you're obnoxious. 

FYI - I didn't "read" anything about Switzerland.  I lived next door to it for over a year.  The people are well armed and nobody freaks out about it. The gov actually arms and trains EACH citizen.  There's no crime because everyone knows if they pull a gun on someone - they're likely to be facing the barrel end of one themselves.  It works for them. 

Actually - if you go look up stats (start with AZ and TX) you'll find that a lot of people are killed by illegals sneaking over the South border.  There's 3 counties in AZ that actually have signs up to warn people about it.  Not long ago, Mexico actually cleaned out a whole area just south of the border where the cartels and illegals were making life hard for everyone just this side of the border, too.  Those people were crossing back and forth all the time.  If you don't know these things - it's not because I'm a nut or because they don't happen. That might make you happy to name call me over it -- but ad hominem silliness doesn't dictate reality. 

But you are right.....so far....that most of the actual recent terrorist events have been committed by those who've walked in via other borders and were actually welcomed. 

All those people who have had guns for all this time and never ever killed a single innocent person - or anyone at all - are probably very grateful that you stay the hell away from them.  Who wouldn't be?   Trying to talk to you is like petting a pit bull that's been fed gun powder.

Back to ignoring the name-calling instigator.  

14 minutes ago, HeySal said:

God you're obnoxious. 

And you're the Queen of the Ball. Are you personally attacking me, Should I report your indiscretion?  lol

FYI - I didn't "read" anything about Switzerland.  I lived next door to it for over a year.  The people are well armed and nobody freaks out about it. The gov actually arms and trains EACH citizen.  There's no crime because everyone knows if they pull a gun on someone - they're likely to be facing the barrel end of one themselves.  It works for them. 

We get it you love guns and gun nuts. Good for you. I don't give a crap. Gun nuts are sociopaths. Deal with it.

Actually - if you go look up stats (start with AZ and TX) you'll find that a lot of people are killed by illegals sneaking over the South border.

"A lot." Weasel words. Exactly what I expected.

There's 3 counties in AZ that actually have signs up to warn people about it.  Not long ago, Mexico actually cleaned out a whole area just south of the border where the cartels and illegals were making life hard for everyone just this side of the border, too.  Those people were crossing back and forth all the time.  If you don't know these things - it's not because I'm a nut or because they don't happen. That might make you happy to name call me over it -- but ad hominem silliness doesn't dictate reality

Name calling. That's funny coming from you.

But you are right.....so far....that most of the actual recent terrorist events have been committed by those who've walked in via other borders and were actually welcomed. 

Thanks, Obama!

All those people who have had guns for all this time and never ever killed a single innocent person - or anyone at all - are probably very grateful that you stay the hell away from them.  Who wouldn't be?   Trying to talk to you is like petting a pit bull that's been fed gun powder.  I just forget sometimes that narcissists aren't real boys. 

Yeah. And you're god's gift to the world, with an emphasis to the 'scientific community.' It's laughable that you attempt to denigrate anyone.  

Frank

13 hours ago, HeySal said:

God you're obnoxious. 

13 hours ago, The AMOL said:

Are you personally attacking me, Should I report your indiscretion?  lol

Frank, I know you have visions of grandeur about yourself, but you are NOT God, so no, she did not personally attack you. Read what she wrote again. ;) :lol:

Terra

6 hours ago, yukon said:

Frank, I put in a good word for you over on Warrior Forum.

Somehow I knew I could count on you.  :-)

You'll be back soon or banned for life.

That'll happen soon enough, but when it does occur, it will be for actions more than well deserved that will live in infamy.

Frank.

Just now, Terra said:

Frank, I know you have visions of grandeur about yourself, but you are NOT God, so no, she did not personally attack you. Read what she wrote again. 

You're not the first person to incorrectly believe that. Additionally, struggling through that claptrap once, was enough. It shouldn't be required that I have half my brain removed to participate in any thread.

"Good Morning," Terra.  :-)

Frank

Just now, The AMOL said:

You're the first person to incorrectly believe that. Additionally, struggling through that claptrap once, was enough. It shouldn't be required that I have half my brain removed to participate in any thread.

"Good Morning," Terra.  :-)

Frank

I only meant the one line I quoted as far as you reading again.

Ha! If you're God, then what difference does it make if I go to Heaven or Hell? 

You keep dreaming, Baby, about being God.

The only thing I can see in you that would be remotely related to a god is your potty mouth spewing out yuck stuff, so I'll deem you the porcelain god. :lol::lol:

Good morning to you, Frank! :)

Terra

14 minutes ago, Terra said:

Yes and thank you for saying I look younger than I am. All women appreciate that. Terra 

Yeah - that's precisely what I was trying to communicate. Well, at least we've determined your level of English comprehension - but I'm not sure it's as high as 7.  :-)

"Good Morning," Terra.

Frank