yukon

Google Local 3-Pack - Home Service ads

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

This could very well explain what we're seeing here in Kentucky.

I've not seen anything beyond the testing in San Francisco before, but have been telling my clients it's just a matter of time.

It probably will roll out nationally eventually, but for now it is going to be limited to home service businesses and probably locksmiths. 

Decent discussion has been going on at Local Search Forum for a couple of months now about it.

http://www.localsearchforum.com/google-local-important/43091-three-pack-all-sponsored-googles-new-home-service-ads.html

On 12/17/2016 at 9:28 AM, Mike Friedman said:

It probably will roll out nationally eventually, but for now it is going to be limited to home service businesses and probably locksmiths. 

Still, that can cover a lot of businesses.

License checks

Each pro’s business is checked for the following licenses:

• Locksmith companies need a valid license from the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services. They also need a general contractor's license to perform services costing more than $500.
  • Plumbers, handyman, contractors, electricians, and HVAC pros need a general contractor’s license to perform services costing more than $500. Plumbers, handymen, electricians, and HVAC pros without a contractor’s license may still be featured in Home Services, but are prohibited from performing services that cost more than $500.
  • Painters need a valid C-33 (Painting and Decorating Contractor) license, and may perform services costing more than $500.
  • Garage Door Pros need a valid D-28 (Doors, Gates, and Activating Devices Contractor) license, and may perform services costing more than $500.
  • House cleaners aren’t required to have a license.

On December 18, 2016 at 9:38 AM, yukon said:

Still, that can cover a lot of businesses.

License checks

Each pro’s business is checked for the following licenses:

• Locksmith companies need a valid license from the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services. They also need a general contractor's license to perform services costing more than $500.
  • Plumbers, handyman, contractors, electricians, and HVAC pros need a general contractor’s license to perform services costing more than $500. Plumbers, handymen, electricians, and HVAC pros without a contractor’s license may still be featured in Home Services, but are prohibited from performing services that cost more than $500.
  • Painters need a valid C-33 (Painting and Decorating Contractor) license, and may perform services costing more than $500.
  • Garage Door Pros need a valid D-28 (Doors, Gates, and Activating Devices Contractor) license, and may perform services costing more than $500.
  • House cleaners aren’t required to have a license.

I have done a lot of work for locksmiths and garage door companies. I'm not sure what the rules are going to be for this accredited listing in Canada as we do not have a  Bureau of Security and Investigative Services.

On interesting thing I did find is the new accredited 3 pack above the old 3 pack in San Diego for locksmiths.

San.png

This will really shake things up when it hits more markets. I wonder if you will need different qualifying credentials in different countries?

15 hours ago, dons said:

I have done a lot of work for locksmiths and garage door companies. I'm not sure what the rules are going to be for this accredited listing in Canada as we do not have a  Bureau of Security and Investigative Services.

On interesting thing I did find is the new accredited 3 pack above the old 3 pack in San Diego for locksmiths.

San.png

This will really shake things up when it hits more markets. I wonder if you will need different qualifying credentials in different countries?

That 2nd map is overkill. Not sure why they would have two maps.