Sign in to follow this  
expmrb

BuySellAds Alternative

Currently we are using Adclerks (previously known as PublicityClerks) but their Advertisers base is small. So, can you guys suggest me some good alternatives of BuySellAds??

Web Hosting

5 hours ago, expmrb said:

Currently we are using Adclerks (previously known as PublicityClerks) but their Advertisers base is small. So, can you guys suggest me some good alternatives of BuySellAds??

Doesn't Adclerks exchange?

I tried to do some research into it, I couldn't find an answer, and I don't feel like calling them to ask questions.

I'm assuming they don't since you wouldn't consider the advertiser base small.

Depending on what you are doing : the Google display network, Bing Content Ads, Yahoo Gemini, or AOL Partner Studio. These don't exchange, AOL might with SSP.

Edit: These are mentioned in no specific order and there are many options.

If you want to experiment with DSP, the offering from Volumm sounded interesting but I have not personally tried it, but there's tons of self serve RTBs like BluAgile, Sitescout, Taggify.

If you are prepared to slay dragons and have the budget, DataXu, MediaMath, or Google Doubleclick (variety of options but most are targetted to larger organizations.)

14 hours ago, expmrb said:

I am not looking to advertise. I am a publisher.

Ok, sorry about that but, it's a two way street though.

What are you looking to do exactly? The less traffic you have, generally speaking, the less interesting of a target your site is to a marketer, so the better off you usually are on bigger advertising networks. It's going to be difficult to sell placements at fixed rates and volumes, on a relatively small network, with a small site. Certain publishers sell inventory as high as $10 per CPM on ADx (and higher), but if you don't have massive traffic, nobody is going to want it at that price. You could sell the inventory off as RTB through most DSPs/SSPs, but expecting to land fixed rate deals under 50k impressions/month is highly unlikely (I could be wrong maybe there are marketers looking for these kinds of deals on ADx.) That's kind of where BSA comes in, for the smaller publishers that want fixed price deals but are not big enough to land them on ADx.

Under 10k impressions a month, I would personally just use an adserver and test banners for various affiliate / CPA offers that are conducive to your niche. You have to think, the inventory you are selling, is likely to be bought by buy those types of buyers anyways, and they make money from the ads and the network usually gets a cut on both sides. If your site complies with the adsense rules, I would just run that since there would still be plenty of competition for your inventory from the retargetting buyers. If you want to earn on an impression basis, most of the SSPs are pretty similar, but I would warn you that a portion of your inventory is going to get sold to budget programmatic buyers who are only willing to pay .25 CPM and the rest of it will go to retargetters who are usually paying respectable amounts per CPM.  I realize that's not an ideal solution but you're going to have to test things.

At around 100k impressions a month, SSPs make more sense since you could have buyers specifically targetting your site with a whitelist, especially if it's a relatively narrow niche. But, I still don't think you're going to get many bites if you try to sell the inventory off as premium inventory unless your site gets 1 Million+ impressions monthly, or has an extremely narrow or location based audience.