Sign in to follow this  
accessted

looking for info on subdomains

Does anyone know of a bulk/mass subdomain and page plug in for WP or source? I want to add subdomains in bulk and also attached correct url page to it . Am I asking to much?

Now if I have to make say 15-20 subdomains (keyword) I have to go to cpanel, create sub domain, then insert redirect url, Not bad if you are doing a few at a time. I may start doing these in bulk. Like 50-100 at a time and cannot find anything that will create sub domains and then also attach the target url together. 

Any info would be lovely :)

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

Sorry, don't know of any plugins, but usually there's a simple solution to stuff like this :)

Are these redirecting to different pages or the same one? Have you looked into using wildcard subdomains? 

I guess I have to ask, but why are you creating subdomains and then just redirecting them somewhere else? Are you redirecting them on the same site or to another site?

You mentioned keywords. If you are creating a subdomain of a keyword like this

keyword.yourdomain.tld and then redirecting it to a page like yourdomian.tld/keyword, that doesn't provide any SEO benefit unless you are building links to the subdomain. If that is the case, then my next question would be why not just build the links directly to the page itself?

13 hours ago, accessted said:

Does anyone know of a bulk/mass subdomain and page plug in for WP or source? I want to add subdomains in bulk and also attached correct url page to it . Am I asking to much?

Now if I have to make say 15-20 subdomains (keyword) I have to go to cpanel, create sub domain, then insert redirect url, Not bad if you are doing a few at a time. I may start doing these in bulk. Like 50-100 at a time and cannot find anything that will create sub domains and then also attach the target url together. 

Any info would be lovely :)

Accested, just a question, but are you also trying to create mass email accounts with these subdomains?  I understand that you're wanting to redirect them to your "correct url", but what it sounds like is you're trying to do is also create email accounts, which is getting very popular. 

Mike is spot on with his response. 

I think the part I'm missing here is why the need?  I'm not all that familiar with this tactic, so I'm just curious as to the benefit.  :)

The reason I am doing this is for Adwords. I am trying to get my quality score up on KW and one of the ways it to have the KW ahead in the URL. If I have the KW at the end it cuts off when displayed. 

I do not need emails with these. Just mostly for helping my Quality score and CTR for my Adwords account. 

It is just a pain in the rear to do it if you have lots of subdomains to go in one by one, then go filter through the subdomains again to add the Redirect URL> 

I have found bulksubdomaincreator DOTcom to insatll them in bulk, but wanted to also bulk add the redirects. 

Hope this makes sense

Thanks