Sign in to follow this  
Sgraphinfotech

New site pages are indexed but not ranking for anything

SEMrush

17 minutes ago, Sgraphinfotech said:

New site pages are indexed but not ranking for anything?

Is there a question in there? Are you asking why you are not ranking?

What have you done to get the site ranking?

If it is the site in your signature, that site is never going to rank for anything even mildly competitive, and even if it did rank, it will never convert to sales. You need to hire a writer that can write English. The grammar on that site is really, really bad. 

I like the site's graphics and layout, but Mike is correct.

The English is horrible and with your site being about a training institute, the English must be impeccable. 

Terra

Looks like someone took a 2009 course on SEO and thought it still applies today, LOL...

52 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

Anyone ever see how Wicked Fire used to handle members like this? 

I'm not condoning it, but people didn't make the same mistake twice.

That's funny. I was just mentioning this to someone in a PM earlier today and thinking about doing it on another forum to teach a spammer/shitty SEO a lesson.

On 3/28/2017 at 2:02 PM, Wunderkind said:

Anyone ever see how Wicked Fire used to handle members like this? 

I'm not condoning it, but people didn't make the same mistake twice.

Hey, they want backlinks right?

12 minutes ago, mki said:

Hey, they want backlinks right?

They used to do worse than building backlinks.

I remember one time there was a venue near Atlanta I think. It was a plantation used for weddings, receptions, etc. Well, they decided to spam the forum for a few links, and when they were called out on it, they got a little smart-assed and arrogant in their reply.

So the members started replying, but they changed the subject line. Most forums by default will make the subject of replies be "Re: forum thread title" whatever the forum thread title is. They changed it to to things using the business name and saying they were racists, hated people of different minority groups, etc. Within like 2 days if you did a search for the business name, there were 2-3 listings from Wicked Fire on the front page using those titles. 

PR and reputation management nightmare.

Just now, Mike Friedman said:

I remember one time there was a venue near Atlanta I think. It was a plantation used for weddings, receptions, etc. Well, they decided to spam the forum for a few links, and when they were called out on it, they got a little smart-assed and arrogant in their reply.

So the members started replying, but they changed the subject line. Most forums by default will make the subject of replies be "Re: forum thread title" whatever the forum thread title is. They changed it to to things using the business name and saying they were racists, hated people of different minority groups, etc. Within like 2 days if you did a search for the business name, there were 2-3 listings from Wicked Fire on the front page using those titles. 

ROFLMAO ...

2 minutes ago, mki said:

ROFLMAO ...

Eventually after a lot of apologizing and groveling by the business owner they removed the the reply titles and some of the content. They did let him twist in the wind for a few days though, and he was freaking out.

I think they left the rest of the thread up for a while as a fair warning to idiots as to why you shouldn't spam forums, and especially forums with members that know how to make your day very, very bad. 

Just now, Mike Friedman said:

Eventually after a lot of apologizing and groveling by the business owner they removed the the reply titles and some of the content. They did let him twist in the wind for a few days though, and he was freaking out.

I think they left the rest of the thread up for a while as a fair warning to idiots as to why you shouldn't spam forums, and especially forums with members that know how to make your day very, very bad. 

Yeah I wouldn't recommend going to a forum where the members actively participate in "Innovative Marketing Techniques" and pulling some thing like that.

That would definitely be one of the worst places online to do that. Some of their members have been arrested or have gone to court multiple times, I have no idea why you would spam something like that.

Yet another good reason to stick to legitimate marketing techniques.

On 3/30/2017 at 1:40 PM, Mike Friedman said:

I remember seeing that too. He pissed off the wrong hornet's nest.