ShayB

YouTube Marketing

SEMrush

3 hours ago, ShayB said:

I want to promote a site using YouTube. I haven't used YT before, so I'm pretty clueless. :D 

Any guides you would recommend?

Through videos themselves or ads?

24 minutes ago, ShayB said:

Through the videos themselves. :) 

Skillshare.com -> Jerry Banfield

"The Complete YouTube Course: Make Viral Videos and Rank #1 on YouTube." - 5 Hours 53 Minutes

Since I'm pretty sure the ranking algorythm for videos relies on views now -> Social Media courses

"Do Better Social Media Marketing! Go Viral on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn & Instagram!" - 6 Hours 21 Minutes

"Facebook Marketing For Small Businesses" - This was extremely useful as well.

It's 18$ / month, ton of other stuff on there.

There's 372 results when I type Youtube. Note: Avoid shiny objects.

Edit: Oh and ranking the videos in Google is an entirely different subject.

I pretty much check SS any time I need to work with something new, so for example, I signed up for Get Response and immediately took this 30 min course. "Email Marketing - Get Response Training". For me: it's super easy to watch a person screw around with the software and then use it. Easily saved me time as some of modules I skipped and I was actually setting stuff up with the videos playing in the background.

Also, Freelancer should just 301 the entire WF site into SS.

On 4/9/2017 at 10:41 PM, ShayB said:

I want to promote a site using YouTube. I haven't used YT before, so I'm pretty clueless. :D 

Any guides you would recommend?

First off go and sign up for an account or use your gmail email if you have one.

Then create as many how to videos as you can, and post them with your site link in the information part, down the bottom of the video.

But if you use Adwords, make sure to go through all of their rules, beforehand, using adwords is like walking on egg shells, so you need to keep up with all of their rules relating to pushing traffic towards a YT video.

I tried that a while ago, and it had mixed results, and since l skipped adwords rules, l got my YT account clobbered, or the video got removed for some unknown reason?

The videos were IM or using third party software, etc to do things quicker, some revolved around keyword gen, for adwords, so that was probably it?

And go to Fiverr for the intro, you will find some professional intro's there, l have used a few over the years.

Good luck.

B)