Sign in to follow this  
Mike Friedman

Clubs

One of the new features on the forum is I can now add "clubs".

Clubs are your own group, with its own, more or less, forum.

I'll setup an example of a club so everyone can check it out.

Here are the options for a club as far as privacy versus them being public.

8aHftV5ZR6SyqbZTkDSghQ.png

The creator of a club can setup their own moderators too.

I could see these being used in a lot of different ways.

But is there any interest in using these? 

I don't necessarily want the membership to all just splinter off into their private sectors, but if a few members have some worthwhile ideas they would like to use a club for, I'll keep it as an option. 

You will see a link in the main menu for 'Clubs' or you can go here http://spartanmarketingacademy.com/forums/clubs/

I think this is a great new feature Mike.  Does the title of the club have to stick with SEO/IM or any particular theme?  Like say I wanted to start a computer repair club, or a recipe club..... the possibilities are endless!  

What are the rules? :)  

12 hours ago, Khemosabi said:

I think this is a great new feature Mike.  Does the title of the club have to stick with SEO/IM or any particular theme?  Like say I wanted to start a computer repair club, or a recipe club..... the possibilities are endless!  

What are the rules? :)  

It doesn't really have to stick to a theme, but it would probably be best if they stick to something business related, online or offline. 

On 8/3/2017 at 8:51 AM, Mike Friedman said:

One of the new features on the forum is I can now add "clubs".

Clubs are your own group, with its own, more or less, forum.

I'll setup an example of a club so everyone can check it out.

Here are the options for a club as far as privacy versus them being public.

8aHftV5ZR6SyqbZTkDSghQ.png

The creator of a club can setup their own moderators too.

I could see these being used in a lot of different ways.

But is there any interest in using these? 

I don't necessarily want the membership to all just splinter off into their private sectors, but if a few members have some worthwhile ideas they would like to use a club for, I'll keep it as an option. 

You will see a link in the main menu for 'Clubs' or you can go here http://spartanmarketingacademy.com/forums/clubs/

That's really cool.

You could basically setup paid micro membership sites for members that have a product to sell in Spartan Special Offers. So, example, instead of someone selling a PDF about SEO they could post the content in a club as multiple private thread OPs and it would be interactive for buyers, they could ask questions, etc...

2 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

It doesn't really have to stick to a theme, but it would probably be best if they stick to something business related, online or offline. 

Dammit Mike!  I was up all night thinking of secret handshakes!  

Thank you for the clarification! :)  

13 minutes ago, yukon said:

That's really cool.

You could basically setup paid micro membership sites for members that have a product to sell in Spartan Special Offers. So, example, instead of someone selling a PDF about SEO they could post the content in a club as multiple private thread OPs and it would be interactive for buyers, they could ask questions, etc...

Yes. One thing they have not done yet is integrate the commerce functionality directly into the clubs. For example, the Inner Circle membership automatically upgrades members to have access to the private forum areas after completing their purchase. There is no way to do that with clubs yet, but it would not be hard to setup a process for members to do that manually. The leader of the club can approve and disapprove members on their own. I do not need to be involved nor do any of the staff here.

So yes, there are a lot of possibilities and that is certainly one of the most interesting potential ones. 

On 8/19/2017 at 9:59 AM, ShayB said:

I like the club option for Mastermind groups and also for 30 Day Challenges that wouldn't be public. It might give people a way to post more specific questions if they're stuck. :) 

We can certainly open clubs up for things like this.

I'm working on putting some structure together for a club focused on beginners and intermediate level marketers looking for some help.

We have been internally messing around with this club option a bit, and frankly it is just way too cool not to put to use.

So we are going to open it up to any members that want to start a club. The topics have to be related to online or offline marketing. No clubs about flying kites or how much you love cats, although Mike insists that if someone wants to start a beer lovers club he would probably approve it. :rolleyes:

If you have ever wanted to run your own private forum or membership site without all the hassles of setting up a private forum or membership site, this is for you.

A few things. All new clubs must be approved by myself or Mike. When you go to the club page, you will enter in a little bit of information, and then it will go into a queue for approval. Send Mike or me a PM letting us know that you want to start the club and give us a small summary of what your plans are for it.

You can have a completely public club where anyone can join and participate, an open club where anyone can view inside but must join to participate, a closed club where everyone can see that the club exists and who is in it but only members can view and participate, or a totally private club which only members would know exists.

You can drive membership to your club however you wish. You can even charge for membership if you want to. That is up to you.

We will give you a free listing in the Special Offers section if you want one to help drive membership. 

Moderation of your club will be left up to you and any additional moderators you choose to appoint. We will only step in if there is an issue with promoting violence, hate, etc. 

All of this is free. We are not charging for the clubs.

Also if you have an idea for a club but just want to know a little more about the features and how the clubs work, send a PM to Mike or myself and we will be glad to help.

Have a great weekend!

Ash

Awesome Ashley!  

I love all the options.  Well, except that I can't start a kite flying club.  What if I started a "kite flying while drinking beer" club?  :P  

I have an idea for a cool club that will promote membership as well.  I need to suss out some details first.  

3 hours ago, Khemosabi said:

I love all the options.  Well, except that I can't start a kite flying club.  What if I started a "kite flying while drinking beer" club?  :P  

Hang-gliding while drinking beer and you have a deal.

I'll be offering private forums to rock clubs.  Right now I use them for things like meet-ups, so participants can discuss the meet without the whole net reading it. Last time we did that, we had about 100 people show up and follow us around - ended up getting one of the digs shut down to the public. 

Rock clubs are notorious for being run by people who are not internet savvy at all so I'm thinking clubs might like to have a private place to reach members from that won't be any maintenance for them.  I'd love to know how this works for you after you market it a little bit.