Sign in to follow this  
yukon

Google Local SEO - Try answering your phone

I had some residential plumbing work that I needed done last week.

I searched Google on my phone, just started at the top of the SERPs and worked my way down the list of phone numbers. I called four phone numbers, nobody answered for the first three numbers at 10:00 AM on a Thursday morning.

Someone answered the 4th phone number I called.

Guess who got payed $225 for a half hour of work (100% labor, no materials)?

The plumber asked how I found him, I explained how I called four phone numbers and he was the first to answer. He said he's been working on the online exposure and he's canceling Yellow Pages, nobody calls and it cost +$600 a year, he ranted a bit about the Yellow Pages fail and kept repeating he's canceling ASAP. I didn't even attempt to sell SEO but it was an interesting situation how his SERP competition does local SEO and not answer the phone during normal business hours.

Sometimes it pays just to show up in the SERPs and answer the phone.

End of story. - Fargo (Mr. Mohra)

Web Hosting

Back in the early to mid 80's, I ran a mobile locksmith service - I cleaned up at lunchtime (11 am to 1pm) and after hours, especially weekends, because the established services rarely answered during those hours or priced themselves out of the ballpark because they didn't want the work. 

It was perfect for me, because I was attending university full time and I made far more for after hours service than I could have gotten during the day.