Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The AMOL

The End Is Near

Recommended Posts

Bitcoin went into freefall on Friday, its price collapsing from the dizzying heights of nearly 20,000 US dollars earlier this week to around 13,000 US dollars as steam appeared to be running out of its year-end rally. 

According to Coindesk, the cryptocurrency was trading at 13,155 US dollars, a fall of over 30% in five days.

Its price has fallen by over 2,000 US dollars in the space of 12 hours, the Press Association reports.

It comes after a troubled week for Bitcoin, in which a cryptocurrency exchange went bust in South Korea following a cyber attack, knocking its price. 

Coinbase, another exchange based in the US, also said it was opening an investigation into sharp price increases.

Neil Wilson, senior market analyst at ETX Capital, said: “Has the bubble finally popped? It’s hard to see the bell tolling just yet. 

=========================

That said, I've been hearing for the past 25 years or more that Apple is doomed and will be going belly-up any day. You never know, but this thing could wind-up as the biggest bubble since the tulip craze of the 1600's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Web Hosting

3 minutes ago, The AMOL said:

That said, I've been hearing for the past 25 years or more that Apple is doomed and will be going belly-up any day.

Don't worry, I hear a tax bill has been passed that will put even more money in the hands of the rich, so they can continue to buy frivolously overpriced products with  non upgradable, outdated technology, scant non standard ports that require loads of adapters etc.. because they are thin and look cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lanfear63 said:

Don't worry, I hear a tax bill has been passed that will put even more money in the hands of the rich, so they can continue to buy frivolously overpriced products with  non upgradable, outdated technology, scant non standard ports that require loads of adapters etc.. because they are thin and look cool. 

You know you're a total idiot, right?

Please suh, may I have a bit more porridge???  lol

Envy is truly an ugly thing to witness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The AMOL said:

You know you're a total idiot, right?

Please suh, may I have a bit more porridge???  lol

Envy is truly an ugly thing to witness. 

It speaks volumes when you always come up with your stock reply and can't actually refute anything I point out. 

Many a true word is spoken in parody....(some swearing)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know. This is at least the 3rd or 4th time people have predicted its end after a sharp price decrease. 

A lot of it is in response to news that people do not understand. An exchange got hacked and is shutting its doors as a result. That is more a problem with that particular exchange than bitcoin. The insider trading thing involved a new coin that forked off of bitcoin. People are seeing headlines talking about insider trading with bitcoin cash, not understanding that bitcoin cash is not bitcoin, and panicking. 

I suspect it will recover after the holidays.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

It speaks volumes when you always come up with your stock reply and can't actually refute anything I point out. 

Please suh, may I have a bit more porridge.  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

I don't know. This is at least the 3rd or 4th time people have predicted its end after a sharp price decrease. 

A lot of it is in response to news that people do not understand. An exchange got hacked and is shutting its doors as a result. That is more a problem with that particular exchange than bitcoin. The insider trading thing involved a new coin that forked off of bitcoin. People are seeing headlines talking about insider trading with bitcoin cash, not understanding that bitcoin cash is not bitcoin, and panicking. 

I suspect it will recover after the holidays.

 

I agree this Crypto currency thing is just going to get bigger and bigger, imo. I haven't bought any yet. Just letting the smoke clear. But take away the hype and you will see the underlying technology and concept of it is just plain robust and very strong. It's the future, imo.Of course there will be naysayers much like naysayers  about the actual Internet itself  in 1994 saying how it was a going to be just a haven for criminals and snake oil salesman and that was about it. Yeah , they nailed that LOL   And yes Frank that is just my opinion. As well as many, many other people who are much smarter than me or you. . Some smarter than ALL of put together on this Forum and more lol

Some going as far as betting their d@@k on it. LITERALLY !!

 

P.S. Maybe it could be a little resentment and envy because at 70 or so your starting to see the "finish line" coming up ( based on longevity stats) and you may miss the Apex of all this??lol

 

But I have a suspicion that you with your damn stubbornness  will entertain us and the World with you "frankness" til at least your  century mark or more   :>)

 

https://cointelegraph.com/news/john-mcafee-doubles-down-predicts-1-mln-btc-bets-his-dk-on-it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The AMOL said:

 

That said, I've been hearing for the past 25 years or more that Apple is doomed and will be going belly-up any day. You never know, but this thing could wind-up as the biggest bubble since the tulip craze of the 1600's.

 I hope the 2 law suites over the battery issue,drag down there share value for a brief time. To let some people  buy into Apple as a Discount. I don't see Apple going anywhere anytime soon. To many devout fans! ]

   Even if bitcoin does a swan dive into the Abyss. Others are going to use the BlockChain Tech and become the next Amazons, Googles and Facebook. Bitcoin took a huge hit this Summer so we will have to watch where it goes this time around. Would not be surprised to see it rise up again in about a months time after the Holidays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The AMOL said:

That said, I've been hearing for the past 25 years or more that Apple is doomed and will be going belly-up any day. You never know, but this thing could wind-up as the biggest bubble since the tulip craze of the 1600's.

Apple is a monster, and so it if does go downhill, it will take a long time for it to be apparent.

A case in point is Fed Square in Melbourne is getting an Apple store virtually in the middle of a busy meeting point in that city, and estimates are that it will draw in about a million visitors/customers a year.

 

Apparently it is only one of 5 in the world, although, the products are the same as everywhere else. It is going to have great views of the Yarra so let's hope that they put a coffee shop in?

 

They do have a store near this square, (l went there once) but the new store will be smaller, so no signs of Apple going downhill, at least not here.

B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, The AMOL said:

Noe anywhere else on planet Earth.  :-)

Noe,.. damn Mandella! :P

6 minutes ago, Lanfear63 said:

But just in case they did, they built a flying saucer disguised as a building to escape in.

Geesh, for the last time it is an Olympic stadium, it only turns into flying Saucer in emergencies.

But it is bound to end up near Elon Musks Mars town, well that and a Budweiser Bar.

And yeah, martian coke cans and Maccer wrappers are sure to follow.

^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.