Sign in to follow this  
ShayB

The Importance of a Color Palette for your Business

I'm delving deeper into branding for my business, and I have to say I never saw the importance of having a uniform color palette and fonts for your biz, but after selecting both for mine, the difference is surprising.

Biz cards, brochures, logo, etc. -- it ties everything together, and it provides a level of professionalism that's very noticeable. I love it.

If you haven't done this yet for your business, I highly recommend it. I have used both Canva and Coolors.co for palette inspiration/creation. (The free version of Canva doesn't offer it, but I think the paid version is well worth it.)

Web Hosting

Shay, I have been redoing my sites as well.  I really hadn't noticed at first, but my (6) sites that are all one business, were all over the place!  I've redone the logos, headers and am now working on the text and 'look'.  Yes, the color scheme is getting overhauled, too.  

You're spot on with it helping the branding.  

I've also noticed that simple is better.  *Disclaimer... some BIG Greek has been pounding that into my head*.  I'm working at keeping things minimal, like the colors, so as not to distract the reader from the content.

35 minutes ago, Khemosabi said:

Shay, I have been redoing my sites as well.  I really hadn't noticed at first, but my (6) sites that are all one business, were all over the place!  I've redone the logos, headers and am now working on the text and 'look'.  Yes, the color scheme is getting overhauled, too.  

You're spot on with it helping the branding.  

I've also noticed that simple is better.  *Disclaimer... some BIG Greek has been pounding that into my head*.  I'm working at keeping things minimal, like the colors, so as not to distract the reader from the content.

The uniform look with biz cards, brochures, postcards, etc., really does make a difference. 

It also eliminates the "what colors am I going to use on this piece?" question, which saves me a lot of time. :) 

5 hours ago, ShayB said:

The uniform look with biz cards, brochures, postcards, etc., really does make a difference. 

It also eliminates the "what colors am I going to use on this piece?" question, which saves me a lot of time. :) 

Stinking hilarious Shay!   I can't tell you the time I've spent on "hmmmm... hours go by.... wonder what colors this should be".   

I'm so glad you brought this up, so many people, including me, overlook this!  

Having been part of that decision process before internet, it surprises me how overlooked this aspect of business became once everyone started to flock to online.  It was always the part of business that was the biggest PITA.........but always felt the best once completed and you had the whole thing laid out to look at - stationary, cards, and now websites, headers, etc.   

This is one aspect of business I really love.  Some people consider it marketing......but I always grouped it in with PR.   

10 hours ago, HeySal said:

Having been part of that decision process before internet, it surprises me how overlooked this aspect of business became once everyone started to flock to online.  It was always the part of business that was the biggest PITA.........but always felt the best once completed and you had the whole thing laid out to look at - stationary, cards, and now websites, headers, etc.   

This is one aspect of business I really love.  Some people consider it marketing......but I always grouped it in with PR.   

I love how it makes everything so uniform! I'm now doing it for my online biz as well as my offline biz. It just makes things look so professional. 

I just finished my first Hotsheet with the new colors, and I have to say that it makes a huge difference. B)