Sign in to follow this  
Robert Broome

Reputation Management Tool for SEO

Hello all, 

I was called on by a company that is selling a reputation management tool that they claim works for serp improvement. It’s called Nearbynow. My staff has an app on their phones where they can check in when they get to a clients home. This check in shows up on the community page of the city that they are working in. After they complete the job, they can ask for a review, which will also show up on the community page. It looks cool, has the employees picture, date, time and what they did. I think it gives a reputable look to your service and shows that you work in a specific community. What I’m not buying is that it it helps your site rank. It’s only $99 a month, so no huge deal. We have used it for a few months and I can’t see any results in traffic. We do convert well for such a small amount of local traffic in a competitive niche. 

Has anyone ever heard of this type of software, and what are your thoughts on it’s claim of moving you in the serps?

SEMrush

On 3/13/2018 at 5:41 PM, Robert Broome said:

Hello all, 

I was called on by a company that is selling a reputation management tool that they claim works for serp improvement. It’s called Nearbynow. My staff has an app on their phones where they can check in when they get to a clients home. This check in shows up on the community page of the city that they are working in. After they complete the job, they can ask for a review, which will also show up on the community page. It looks cool, has the employees picture, date, time and what they did. I think it gives a reputable look to your service and shows that you work in a specific community. What I’m not buying is that it it helps your site rank. It’s only $99 a month, so no huge deal. We have used it for a few months and I can’t see any results in traffic. We do convert well for such a small amount of local traffic in a competitive niche. 

Has anyone ever heard of this type of software, and what are your thoughts on it’s claim of moving you in the serps?

Two things come to mind.

First, there is no way that is going to improve rankings. The community page they give you might rank eventually, but there is no way it is helping your business page to rank better.

Second, if I am able to successfully talk someone into providing a review, I would rather it appear on Google, Facebook, or Angie's List. Places that people recognize and might actually see.

On 3/27/2018 at 8:51 AM, Mike Friedman said:

Two things come to mind.

First, there is no way that is going to improve rankings. The community page they give you might rank eventually, but there is no way it is helping your business page to rank better.

Second, if I am able to successfully talk someone into providing a review, I would rather it appear on Google, Facebook, or Angie's List. Places that people recognize and might actually see.

Mike, 

Thanks for the feedback. Actually, when you see the page in the serps you can see the reviews that are on the page before you click on the page. 

10 hours ago, Robert Broome said:

Mike, 

Thanks for the feedback. Actually, when you see the page in the serps you can see the reviews that are on the page before you click on the page. 

I should have clarified myself better. 

In your industry, most people are not going to search for your business by name. They are going to search by the service you provide. Garage door repair, garage door installation, etc. 

The only way that page is showing up in search is if someone searches for your business name, and that is the only way they are going to see the reviews the page is collecting. Reviews in Google, Facebook, etc. are going to show up when people find your business by searching for the services you offer.

8 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

I should have clarified myself better. 

In your industry, most people are not going to search for your business by name. They are going to search by the service you provide. Garage door repair, garage door installation, etc. 

The only way that page is showing up in search is if someone searches for your business name, and that is the only way they are going to see the reviews the page is collecting. Reviews in Google, Facebook, etc. are going to show up when people find your business by searching for the services you offer.

Mike, when you do a keyword search it does in fact show your reviews for that particular landing page. I don't show up on the map marker because I rank in position 13. I shows the reviews that I have collected on that particular page.