Sign in to follow this  
Robert Broome

NAP and Call Tracking Numbers

I have a call tracking app on my site that displays a tracking number for organic traffic and another for paid search. This is not the number used in my citations. Would this being inconsistent hurt my SEO efforts? It’s been set up this way for about 3 years. I didn’t see a traffic drop until about 18 months ago. 

Thanks in advance. 

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

On 3/13/2018 at 11:59 PM, Robert Broome said:

I have a call tracking app on my site that displays a tracking number for organic traffic and another for paid search. This is not the number used in my citations. Would this being inconsistent hurt my SEO efforts? It’s been set up this way for about 3 years. I didn’t see a traffic drop until about 18 months ago. 

Thanks in advance. 

I don't think it is going to hurt much.

If you are worried about it, what I would probably do is put the address and phone number in your footer that matches your citations. Small print. Nothing that stands out for visitors, but that way it matches. You might now and then have someone that uses that number off your site and it skews your tracking a little bit, but likely nothing drastic.

On 3/27/2018 at 8:57 AM, Mike Friedman said:

I don't think it is going to hurt much.

If you are worried about it, what I would probably do is put the address and phone number in your footer that matches your citations. Small print. Nothing that stands out for visitors, but that way it matches. You might now and then have someone that uses that number off your site and it skews your tracking a little bit, but likely nothing drastic.

Thanks, Mike. I removed the call tracking number. One issue I'm still having is phone number related. I have 3 phyical locations. 1 is the tied to the home page and 2 more that are interior pages. I have the correct NAP on those pages. However, the header number is for the location connected to my home page. I'm wondering if this is hurting those interior pages because they don't rank well. One of those pages has a fair number of links and citations and it is in position 17 for the target keyword behind some awful sites.