Sign in to follow this  
Krisvertelo

When your marriage is on the rocks!

15 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

Or the tokens were labeled with the name of the mascot as opposed to the name of the restaurant? Is it possible including the "'s" would have required shrinking the font on the token to a size the designers didn't like? Hell, the website is chuckecheese.com. Is that an ME, too?

And I never said the possessive form wasn't the name. I alluded to people not using the correct name because it's awkward, much like most of these name issues you come up with. 

I observe that there seems to be a hell of a lot of miss-remembering around these days that simply was not there before.

I would have not paid so much attention to this if it had not been for those two episodes with those store names back in 2015. Simply because of them I looked into this more deeply. It has taught me to look at everything with a more critical eye. 

Anyway, back to marriage, that has got to be the ultimate Mandela Effect, where after you marry them, your partner transforms into someone completely different. 😉

Web Hosting

51 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

Or the tokens were labeled with the name of the mascot as opposed to the name of the restaurant?

Dan; (May I call you Dan?)

I swear to God almighty..I was 99.9999% sold on the Mandela Effect with the Chuck e. Cheese example that Mark just gave. He was reeling me in with it...

And then you ruined it, with your damn reasonableness. 

Which leads me to only one conclusion...for that Mandela Effect to survive...Dan Riffle must die.

Show of hands...who's with me? 

8 minutes ago, Claude Whitacre said:

I swear to God almighty..I was 99.9999% sold on the Mandela Effect with the Chuck e. Cheese example that Mark just gave. He was reeling me in with it...

Which leads me to only one conclusion...for that Mandela Effect to survive...Dan Riffle must die.

I apologies for Dan, as you often say, he is the ruin'er of everything.  You can sometimes be surprisingly perceptive. 😉

14 minutes ago, Lanfear63 said:

I apologies for Dan, as you often say, he is the ruin'er of everything.  You can sometimes be surprisingly perceptive. 😉

Here's an ME affect: in my universe, one apologizes. Where I come from, "apologies" means more than one apology. 

49 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

Here's an ME affect: in my universe, one apologizes. Where I come from, "apologies" means more than one apology. 

Yet another one Dan, you are amazing. The sudden replacement of the S with a Z in apologises.

Probably just a US/UK spelling thing 

33 minutes ago, Lanfear63 said:

It's actually "Apologize', you dim witted...slovenly....

Damn you Riffle! 

Just now, Claude Whitacre said:

It's actually "Apologize', you dim witted...slovenly....

Damn you Riffle! 

Opps, i just re-read my post to you, I thought he was on about the Z,  but I did make a typo using my spelling.

I appollogizzze for that

1 hour ago, Lanfear63 said:

Opps, i just re-read my post to you, I thought he was on about the Z,  but I did make a typo using my spelling.

I appollogizzze for that

No, no, no. It can't be a typo. It MUST be a Mandela Effect! There is no other explanation. 

4 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

No, no, no. It can't be a typo. It MUST be a Mandela Effect! There is no other explanation. 

I am beginning to detect a hint of sarcasm.  not like you.

7 minutes ago, Lanfear63 said:

I am beginning to detect a hint of sarcasm.  not like you.

The proper way to say it is "I do not like you".  

Believe me, Riffle hears it every day. The first time he heard it was from his father. 

1 minute ago, Claude Whitacre said:

The proper way to say it is "I do not like you".  

Believe me, Riffle hears it every day. The first time her heard it was from his father. 

The question is: Did he say: "Dan, I'm not your father" or "Nooo, I'm not your father"?

7 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

Claude (may I call you Claude, or do you prefer the more formal "Oi, butthead"?), under normal circumstances I'd be the first to back you on this. Both my hands are otherwise occupied though punching a well known, but highly unpopular, garden gnome in the face.

3 minutes ago, whateverpedia said:

Claude (may I call you Claude, or do you prefer the more formal "Oi, butthead"?), under normal circumstances I'd be the first to back you on this. Both my hands are otherwise occupied though punching a well known, but highly unpopular, garden gnome in the face.

I'll give you $1,000 cash right now to take your place in that line.

Hey, glad to see all your opinions here. I actually told my parents and yeah, as expected my mother threw a lot of judgments. Good thing my father is a bit cool now. Surprisingly, instead of hearing negative thoughts from him, he advised me to consider a marriage counseling. I saw several counseling sites and have read some success stories from BetterHelp . So I'm hoping to convince my partner and hopefully, will be able to work things out. 

On 7/1/2018 at 1:26 PM, Lanfear63 said:

If your marriage "On The Rocks" senario leads to a breakup then all will eventually know. Your parents are probably going to be a bit "told you so" and judgemental but if they love you then they are still your parents and will give you help and support after the fact. Your friends reactions may be mixed but if they are true friends they will support you anyway.

Seeking advice about a possible ending to the marriage is a bit different. Your parents will be rooting for it to finish and will be biased to that end. Your friends may give you better insights as their views will be mixed but a more balanced view may come from them. Ultimately it is your decision though. As long as your parents love you and your friends are true and put your happiness and well being first, you will hopefully have the after support you need.

I'm not a marriage counselor though, just my opinion. 

You were right, my mother sounded like that ..."told you so" and yes 100% judgemental. But my Dad was very calm and gave me a piece of advice. My Mom said a lot hurtful things but she didn't tell me to leave my partner. She was just blaming me and all. I guess that's normal for a Mom? haha. Anyway thanks for your kind advice. 

29 minutes ago, Krisvertelo said:

You were right, my mother sounded like that ..."told you so" and yes 100% judgemental. But my Dad was very calm and gave me a piece of advice. My Mom said a lot hurtful things but she didn't tell me to leave my partner. She was just blaming me and all. I guess that's normal for a Mom? haha. Anyway thanks for your kind advice. 

When you have the advice of a Mac fanatic who knows everything and is an expert on failed marriages, an overweight vacuum salesman who thinks like a Vulcan, a guy who believes that history is being supernaturally changed, an Australian (nuff said) and a downtrodden Garden Gnome..Where else could you come but here for such expert opinion. 😉 

On 7/3/2018 at 8:21 AM, Dan Riffle said:

Or the tokens were labeled with the name of the mascot as opposed to the name of the restaurant? Is it possible including the "'s" would have required shrinking the font on the token to a size the designers didn't like? Hell, the website is chuckecheese.com. Is that an ME, too?

And I never said the possessive form wasn't the name. I alluded to people not using the correct name because it's awkward, much like most of these name issues you come up with. 

There you go Dan..One that got away.

ap_17221783523650_wide-4da75e8a57a5ded2f

2 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

There you go Dan..One that got away.

ap_17221783523650_wide-4da75e8a57a5ded2f

From the Wikipedia page:

"In August 2017, the company began to pilot a new design concept at seven remodeled locations (three in Kansas City, three in San Antonio, one in Selma, Texas), branded as Chuck E. Cheese Pizzeria & Games."

If you look in your picture,  below the mouse head and right above the door it says Pizzeria and Games.

Just another example of corporations trying new branding,  not universes awkwardly bumping into each other like it's prom night.

Come on, Mark. You're better than this. 

Maybe. 

Well, usually.

No, actually this is about right.  

5 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

From the Wikipedia page:

"In August 2017, the company began to pilot a new design concept at seven remodeled locations (three in Kansas City, three in San Antonio, one in Selma, Texas), branded as Chuck E. Cheese Pizzeria & Games."

If you look in your picture,  below the mouse head and right above the door it says Pizzeria and Games.

Just another example of corporations trying new branding,  not universes awkwardly bumping into each other like it's prom night.

Come on, Mark. You're  better than this. 

Maybe. 

Well, usually.

I just plucked this from Google Images.. I wish I had saved the url's of the other standard location images I have seen. And that's been a few. The design of the logo in the picture is unlike their standard location designs.Interesting they would drop the 'S on this  considering it has always been the name and a an integral part of the brand awareness, so history says.

6 hours ago, Dan Riffle said:

From the Wikipedia page:

Come on, Mark. You're better than this. 

Maybe. 

Well, usually.

There is no way that l am going to have a mouse burger!

:P

10 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

I just plucked this from Google Images.. I wish I had saved the url's of the other standard location images I have seen. And that's been a few. The design of the logo in the picture is unlike their standard location designs.Interesting they would drop the 'S on this  considering it has always been the name and a an integral part of the brand awareness, so history says.

You're a trip, Mark. I bet you're a hoot at seances. 

2 hours ago, Dan Riffle said:

You're a trip, Mark. I bet you're a hoot at seances. 

No Dan, just a fallible human being like you looking for evidence to support a premise. I don't always succeed and that's why I post it here because I appreciate going up against hard taskmasters.

1 hour ago, Lanfear63 said:

No Dan, just a fallible human being like you looking for evidence to support a premise. 

I'm glad you said it. That's the wrong way to think. You look for a premise that supports the evidence, not look for evidence to support a premise. 

Looking for evidence to support a premise is...

1) what almost everyone does their entire life

2) is what conspiracy theory people do.

3) is what all religions do.

4) is irrational.

So what I am saying is....you are in good company. But if you are really looking for the truth...the reality...you need to change your thinking. Evidence first....premise second. 

Looking for evidence to support a premise inevitably leads to you finding 'evidence" to support your premise....and inevitably ignoring evidence that supports a different premise.. And that's why we have people thinking that ghosts are real. 

In fact, the entire idea of a premise is flawed. A premise is a previous conclusion. And if you see an argument that is flawless, but wrong (I've seen plenty, and can give you an example if you like), it's because the previous conclusion...which becomes the new premise...is wrong.