Sign in to follow this  
Lanfear63

My Divorce

On 9/20/2018 at 3:58 PM, Lanfear63 said:

Thank you Sal, and it's good to hear from you too, Glad you found one.

So how the bloody well are you? Keeping that body strong, well fed and cleansed I hope?

Not doing too bad for someone who was given 2 or 3 months on diagnosis.  Still get out in the field rock hunting, but not able to walk too far or carry too much - still, exercise and sun are essentials to heal and my club members that meet up with me make sure rocks I want get back to the car without me having to try to carry them.  It's a struggle because I found out so late what was wrong, but I think I'm getting the better of it.  

So - my take on it..........if she's a problem, drop her off and enjoy your life. Do what you want to do right now.  Bucket lists need to be emptied regularly.     

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin
12 hours ago, HeySal said:

Not doing too bad for someone who was given 2 or 3 months on diagnosis.  Still get out in the field rock hunting, but not able to walk too far or carry too much - still, exercise and sun are essentials to heal and my club members that meet up with me make sure rocks I want get back to the car without me having to try to carry them.  It's a struggle because I found out so late what was wrong, but I think I'm getting the better of it.  

So - my take on it..........if she's a problem, drop her off and enjoy your life. Do what you want to do right now.  Bucket lists need to be emptied regularly.     

That's the spirit, keep that body strong and it can fend off anything. 

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear about the divorce.  I've been through it myself.  It can be tough and it may take some time to fully get through it.  One of the rarest of moments... I actually did a smart thing and not jump into another relationship.  That seems to be the trend with people who divorce.  I don't think people give themselves enough time to get over their relationship and end up in a new one making the same mistakes.  Especially for someone who has been married for as long as you were.

I just spent time on myself and tried to understand what I did wrong, what I did right and what I really wanted.  Sometimes understanding what you really want can be very difficult (besides a nice cold beer on a warm summer day). 

I can honestly say I've never been in a happier, better place in life.  It took a long time to figure things out, but was well worth it.  My happiness isn't tied to anyone but myself.  Hang in there mate.  

1 hour ago, ThomasBelknap said:

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear about the divorce.  I've been through it myself.  It can be tough and it may take some time to fully get through it.  One of the rarest of moments... I actually did a smart thing and not jump into another relationship.  That seems to be the trend with people who divorce.  I don't think people give themselves enough time to get over their relationship and end up in a new one making the same mistakes.  Especially for someone who has been married for as long as you were.

I just spent time on myself and tried to understand what I did wrong, what I did right and what I really wanted.  Sometimes understanding what you really want can be very difficult (besides a nice cold beer on a warm summer day). 

I can honestly say I've never been in a happier, better place in life.  It took a long time to figure things out, but was well worth it.  My happiness isn't tied to anyone but myself.  Hang in there mate.  

At my age (61) I'm not looking to dive into another one anytime soon, I am comfortable with my own company most of the time but have a few physical and online friends who I can interact with or visit. I would not say never ever though, but having that bit of paper saying married I will avoid getting into. 😉

41 minutes ago, Lanfear63 said:

At my age (61) I'm not looking to dive into another one anytime soon, I am comfortable with my own company most of the time but have a few physical and online friends who I can interact with or visit. I would not say never ever though, but having that bit of paper saying married I will avoid getting into. 😉

I hear those old folks homes are full of orgies.  Something to look forward too.  😋

1 hour ago, ThomasBelknap said:

I hear those old folks homes are full of orgies.  Something to look forward too.  😋

Funny you should say  about old folks homes. There is an old folks community about an hours drive from where I am. A lady from our college retired late and went to live there. It is assisted if you need it, however, she has her own one bedroom apartment, laundry is done for her, a cleaner once a week, she has all utility bills paid for into the deal, basic cable and internet. On top of that there is a restaurant where she gets all her meals free (or included) A very nice layout with pool, community area and events put on.

How much does she pay for that? $1,600.00 per month. I would be sorely tempted a few years down the line.  

10 hours ago, Dan Riffle said:

Hell, I'd take that deal now.

On the face of it, you are going to pay that much on a rental, plus bills and food. An incredible deal really

I have daily notifications of one bedroom apartments for rent. The minimum is around $650.00 PCM

6 minutes ago, Claude Whitacre said:

Exactly like.

Strange film that. A perfectly well adjusted human couple  goes to an orphanage to adopt a child. They see a male white mouse standing upright, wearing clothes and who begins talking t o them in American English. They, for some reason to take this in their stride as perfectly normal and adopt him.

This is where the film started to fall down for me.

Plus: Have they any idea of the lifespan of a mouse. A few plot holes

The film was partially saved by Hugh Laurie putting on a more than passable American Accent.

23 minutes ago, Lanfear63 said:

Strange film that. A perfectly well adjusted human couple  goes to an orphanage to adopt a child. They see a male white mouse standing upright, wearing clothes and who begins talking t o them in American English. They, for some reason to take this in their stride as perfectly normal and adopt him.

The film was partially saved by Hugh Laurie putting on a more than passable American Accent.

I was going to say that you cannot buy suits in the size that a mouse would wear. But that can't be true, because Riffle certainly owns a suit.....the one he'll be buried in.

19 minutes ago, Claude Whitacre said:

I was going to say that you cannot buy suits in the size that a mouse would wear. But that can't be true, because Riffle certainly owns a suit.....the one he'll be buried in.

Dan will be buried in the only suit he ever owned. His Birthday Suit

3 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

Reminds me of that one time I took mushrooms.