Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Claude Whitacre

Obesity in the US

Recommended Posts

I wanted to know if my wife, at 5' 3" was average height. In the US, the average height is just under 5' 4".

What amazed me was the average weight for a woman over 20 years old. I kid you not...it's 168 pounds. That's the average. The US is also by far the most obese nation on the planet.

Just to be fair, I decided to look up the average height of an adult man in the US...5' 10".  196 pounds. For some reason, that doesn't seem that outside normal to me. The average waist is 40 inches though, which is fatter than I imagined.

 

https://www.healthline.com/health/mens-health/average-weight-for-men

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SEMrush

16 minutes ago, Claude Whitacre said:

I wanted to know if my wife, at 5' 3" was average height. In the US, the average height is just under 5' 4".

What amazed me was the average weight for a woman over 20 years old. I kid you not...it's 168 pounds. That's the average. The US is also by far the most obese nation on the planet.

Just to be fair, I decided to look up the average height of an adult man in the US...5' 10".  196 pounds. For some reason, that doesn't seem that outside normal to me. The average waist is 40 inches though, which is fatter than I imagined.

 

https://www.healthline.com/health/mens-health/average-weight-for-men

The Waistline being 40" is really bad if that's the average. I can still wear 34" - 35" jeans (I omitted the phrase: "can still get into' for obvious reasons) and i have a bit of a paunch that age, lack of exercise and gravity has brought.

I like my steaks well done and my women medium large.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lanfear63 said:

The Waistline being 40" is really bad if that's the average. I can still wear 34" - 35" jeans (I omitted the phrase: "can still get into' for obvious reasons) and i have a bit of a paunch that age, lack of exercise and gravity has brought.

I consider myself pretty hefty, and I have a 44 inch waist.  And at 6' tall (I used to be 6' 2") I'm just a little fatter than average. I'm not saying that t make myself feel better. I think it's disgusting. My wife got up to 140 pounds, and panicked. She's down to about 120 pounds. 

When she got up to 140 pounds..and I was at about 280, I told her "How dare you weigh half of what I do?"  I remember being 25 years old with a 30 inch waist. Damn. Nobody to blame but myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Claude Whitacre said:

I'm not saying that t make myself feel better. I think it's disgusting.

 

1 hour ago, Claude Whitacre said:

Damn. Nobody to blame but myself.

Now you are making my life difficult. How can I bring myself to deliver insults to someone so self loathing. 

I will be contacting Kurt for a training session. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

I wanted to know if my wife, at 5' 3" was average height. In the US, the average height is just under 5' 4".

What amazed me was the average weight for a woman over 20 years old. I kid you not...it's 168 pounds. That's the average. The US is also by far the most obese nation on the planet.

Just to be fair, I decided to look up the average height of an adult man in the US...5' 10".  196 pounds. For some reason, that doesn't seem that outside normal to me. The average waist is 40 inches though, which is fatter than I imagined.

 

https://www.healthline.com/health/mens-health/average-weight-for-men

Its the Krispy Kreme franchise in the US, that is the problem. Australia does not have any stores, (like KFC) that are stand alone and probably have a drive through.

We do however have Krispy Kreme in Petrol stations.

I made the mistake of buying a custard one with white icing a few days ago, and ummmm, one was not enough.

:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would wish always to touch on evry goddamn problem in the Cosmos an' offer out, with warmth, my sublimest heart-to-heart touch.

But, hey — ima srsly DNA-conscripted SCRAWNY F*CKER tryin' real hard to live up to the DOOTY BOOTY dream regardin' fam-spawnin' deliciousness vs YOU CELLULITE OUT THIS WAY AT 60 YOU GONNA REQUIRE SRS TRANSPORT.

Stoopid thing is, I am way bendier than fatass gals strugglin' for breath cos they gotta INPUT EFFORT to like ACTSCHWLLY UNDRESS.

That is mebbe why I steer clear of figurin' weight loss copy.

Las' person anywan genetically or behaviorly overfrumptuous wants is nowan proto-anorexically willowy tellin' 'em what to frickin' DO.

Tellya, most gals measure their thigh gap based on where their flesh is at — excess chafe vs open up slender.

My baseline is kinda "exotically essential", meanin' you gotta pack yr own cushions if'n you wanna go sleep.

Thing is, always, 'bout any kinda measurable stuff on ony kinda scale, is how we both witness an' command exotic variables forever in flux.

When Mom says Sweetie you gotta eat more, I so wanna look in on recipes or basic STORE CRUISIN' SMARTS mean I don't gotta incinerate stuff at random.

To maraud persuasively among the Floppierly Momentous would be dishonest — though prolly I could flag up the plus points real sweet.

Main thing is, I got srs hug powah for sumone prolly could snap in half.

Who was it said, "fortitude is more spirit deep than body wide — especially when waif-like vamps drop from outta halloween to proffer their abominably allurin' swampfest?"

I got Byron in mind here, but mebbe it was the guy who invented the kalashnikov.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2018 at 2:24 PM, Mike Friedman said:

Thanks McDonald's.

The school lunch menu at my high school was pizza, french fries, and cheese burgers. All of which actually tasted better than McDonalds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mki said:

The school lunch menu at my high school was pizza, french fries, and cheese burgers. All of which actually tasted better than McDonalds.

Mine was the same,  but it decidedly did not taste better than McDonald's. The pizza was straight garbage and I'm still not sure the hamburgers weren't squirrel meat.  I didn't eat anything else because you couldn't tell what it was. 

The fries were okay; probably potato, maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dan Riffle said:

Mine was the same,  but it decidedly did not taste better than McDonald's. The pizza was straight garbage and I'm still not sure the hamburgers weren't squirrel meat.  I didn't eat anything else because you couldn't tell what it was. 

The fries were okay; probably potato, maybe.

Have you eaten at Mcdonalds lately? The new quarter pounder is tolerable and I'm sure most would say it's good. But the a single hamburger/cheeseburger from there is completely nasty even when it's made correctly. I'm a little bit spoiled by non fast food burgers and I'll be totally honest, if I want a burger, I'll either fire the grill up, or happily wait 20 minutes for somebody else to make one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mki said:

Have you eaten at Mcdonalds lately? 

I have and their regular hamburgers are still infinitely better than the "hamburgers" my school system provided. No hyperbole involved. I seriously question if they were real beef.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2018 at 4:00 PM, Dan Riffle said:

I have and their regular hamburgers are still infinitely better than the "hamburgers" my school system provided. No hyperbole involved. I seriously question if they were real beef.

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. We had real grilled burgers, indoor type grill obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

Dan was a "Model" student. he spent most of the 90's sitting by the school pond with a fishing pole.

 

You know, there is a fine line between fishing, and standing next to a lake holding a long stick. (Steven Wright, I think)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Claude Whitacre said:

 

 

You know, there is a fine line between fishing, and standing next to a lake holding a long stick. (Steven Wright, I think)

Don't wanna get all MOWSHINALL here ... but life ain't been too kind recently on the ROMANTIC FISHIN' front.

tbh I got no problem with standin' next to a lake holdin' a long stick.

Far as dreams go, I livin' hand to mouth rn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Princess Balestra said:

Don't wanna get all MOWSHINALL here ... but life ain't been too kind recently on the ROMANTIC FISHIN' front.

tbh I got no problem with standin' next to a lake holdin' a long stick.

Far as dreams go, I livin' hand to mouth rn.

Your posts are like a dog whistle for my id.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

Your posts are like a dog whistle for my id.

Weird thing is, for a cat person I am uncommonly disposed to dog stuff.

Evrywan needs a four-legged friend, I guess.

Jus' gotta wonder what is gowin' down with the Whitacre Cat Sityooation.

You still lookin' out for 'em, Sweetie?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.