Sign in to follow this  
ThomasBelknap

Need some feedback on what online software you use

Hi All,

A little background, I am about ready to release a new app that I've been working on for many years.  haha  

It does a lot but I will be concentrating the marketing on the automation features and how it can save them hours every week.  Internet marketers will be a demographic that I will start marketing towards but then will expand out from there.  

As of right now, I have the following services built in...

Cloud Storage (dropbox, box, google drive, onedrive, amazon s3)

Email.Messaging Marketing (Aweber, Mailchimp, SendGrid, PostMark, Amazon Ses, Twilio)

Productivity (Trello, Wunderlist, Google Tasks, Google Calendar, Google Sheets).

Payments (Paypal, Braintree, Stripe, and soon 2Checkout)

Social Media (Wordpress, Twitter, Youtube...  I wanted to add Facebook/Instagram but they changed access to the api and I will need to go through some review process after I release the software. I may bypass the review and go automate a browser to accomplish the same actions).

Now I was thinking of adding...

ECommerce (Shopify which is already done, Ebay, Amazon Marketplace, Wooecommerce, Clickbank).

Shipping (USPS, USP, Fed)

CRM (not sure what to add here outside of the big ones like SalesForce, Zoho and possibly Mautic for those that want self hosted solutions).

Thanks for any ideas.  I'm running out of them fast!

Thomas

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

Hey Thomas,

Good to hear you are getting close to a release. I remember you talking about this some time ago.

The only other software that I use which I don't see you have listed is Asana. I made the switch from Trello a few months ago. I liked Trello for a bit, but the boards layout started getting on my nerves. Lol.

Everything else I use is SEO/AdWords specific... SEMrush, Ahrefs, Rankwatch, Google Analytics, and Search Console.

Awesome!  Thanks Mike. 

It should sell well.  The only issue I see is losing out on the less tech oriented groups of people.  I haven't figured out a way to make automation extremely easy without losing the flexibility to accommodate a lot of different scenarios.

The SEO/Adwords suggestions are fantastic or as said on one of the greatest televisions shows of all times...

On 10/28/2018 at 4:53 PM, ThomasBelknap said:

Awesome!  Thanks Mike. 

The only issue I see is losing out on the less tech oriented groups of people.  I haven't figured out a way to make automation extremely easy without losing the flexibility to accommodate a lot of different scenarios.

What about a second offer, that of a human who will run the software for them for $XX.XX every [unit of time]?

10 hours ago, MikeTucker said:

What about a second offer, that of a human who will run the software for them for $XX.XX every [unit of time]?

Mike, thanks for the suggestion and it's a good one.  I did think about adding a service, but the idea of the support of that service gives me a gag reflex. haha

I plan on adding a way for others to sell the automation scripts they built.  My thinking is this will give some advanced users some incentive to help others and the less tech will be able to get started right away with pre-built scripts.  I will probably pre-build some myself.  Maybe even build a store for automation scripts that can be accessible through the software.  Once the script is purchased, the software will download and import the script.  ;)

Yeah, I'm part of that tech-challenged group, and the idea of having to feel stupid talking to support activates my own "Nope!" reflex, haha...
I will pay people who know what they are doing every single time before having to actually do any work myself, even if it means operating software that does most of the work for me!

10 hours ago, MikeTucker said:

Yeah, I'm part of that tech-challenged group, and the idea of having to feel stupid talking to support activates my own "Nope!" reflex, haha...
I will pay people who know what they are doing every single time before having to actually do any work myself, even if it means operating software that does most of the work for me!

I hear you Mike.  Probably not a bad idea to farm that type of stuff out and concentrate on more important things. 

In a way, I hope to build this up big enough to where people can make money setting up this program for business owners like you.  Back in the day there was a lot of people help small businesses setting up their Access databases.  Now you can see something similar with consultants helping business owners set up their own online marketing in programs like Salesforce.

Then there is a part of me that would be content with just 2k to 5k people using this and calling it a day.  lol