• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mki

To people who have the "I can't write long content problem"

I have the opposite problem.

Biggest Tips: Write every day, even if it's trolling people in the comment sections of websites or randomly posting to forums. It's a skill. I honestly think a lot of my writing ability came from trolling people in comment sections of political websites. To do this effectively; you have to seem intelligent while your insult the person without breaking the rules or using profanity. You can tell how effective you are based upon their next response; if it's childish insults and breaks the rules, well then you "did a good job." If you do it long enough, you get good at it, and then writing a random article is easy by comparison. (This is how you get over the fear of cold calling as well. You start dialing random numbers out of the phone book and see how long you can talk to the person about random things like "how much you love dolphins.")

Break your content down into sections and make a list of sub topics. I have a piece of content that I'm working on right now that I broke in 30 subsections (5 sections + a list of 25 things that each have an explanation) and I was suppose to write 1 paragraph for each section. For many of the sections I ended up writing 2-3 paragraphs and I'm headed to somewhere around 5,000 words.

Don't proofread as you go. You'll end up with a bunch of gibberish, but you don't want to switch modes from writing to editing as it slows you down.

Write to a person or an avatar of your target audience.

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

tbh long content is for desperadoes.

The WORSE your life is, the more you wanna SKIP SKIMMIN' over alla the SRS ZERO BRAINO trivial stuff an' exalt your INNER PONDEROUS GOOBER.

Thing 'bout long content is how it drawsya back in to read it over an' over even though you already read it like a zillion times.

"Lemme jus' check the facts here," you say, as you skip over pages 1-65. "I gotta be REAL SURE I ain't intrested in nuthin' gowin' on here before I walk away."

" Thing 'bout long content is how it drawsya back in to read it over an' over even though you already read it like a zillion times. "

I will admit that the longer the content is, the harder it is to edit.

Gotta figure that is troo — an' possibly that is bcs the sensitivities passin' over from line to line an' paragraph to paragraph gotta be more seamlessly subtle than any kinda up front BLAMMO figures in a shorter pitch.

Prolly what you editin' for in longer promo is a softer shoutout — like a moment to moment massage.

Was it Barbra Streisand said O to be lulled into the deep and sensual pit of one's own longing!

tbh, either that gal or Genghis Khan ...