• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Mike Friedman

80% of Gen Z teens say YouTube has helped them become more knowledgeable about something

I have not been a big adopter of video for much of anything. I use videos in some of my training courses, but I mean publicly putting videos out there.

This is an interesting article about Gen Z teens using YouTube to learn things.

There is no denying the popularity of YouTube. It is the second most used search engine on the planet behind Google.

According to Ipsos, 80% of Gen Z teens say YouTube has helped them become more knowledgeable about something, and 68% say YouTube has helped them improve or gain skills that will help them prepare for the future.

Something to think about.

SEMrush

One of the people I subscribe to mentioned that her children don't 'Google' anything, they 'YouTube' it.  

I finally convinced one of my clients to start recording some of his work.  We are also going to be working on some forms of 'how to' videos.  I know this will really help increase his traffic.  

This one, I don't really understand, but I know a guy that does micro soldering for cellphone repair.  He records many of his repairs and posts them.  However, he speeds them up, a lot!  I'm pretty sure he's trying to protect his secrets, but their not fun to watch, at all.  BUT, he gets a ton of traffic from them.  :o

I'm still amazed at the internet and the ability to learn just about anything from using it.  

Let me put on my old hat and smoke a pipe while I say this...   I remember back when us old dudes didn't have that thar internetz stuff.  We had to go to the bookstore and buy real books.   Those were the days when phones where connected to walls.

Our first computer was a Commodore 64.  I started getting into programming then when trying to build one of the word games.  You know, the ones where you had to choose between option a, b or c and then the response comes up.  lol  Ping pong was a revolution, man!

Seriously, being able to access information within seconds is such a marvel that I think we tend to lose sight at how well things are today.  I honestly don't know if I could have done many of the things without being able to get information from others so readily.  

Outside of Social Media, things are great.  I do think things were better before Social Media when it comes to interacting with others.