Sign in to follow this  
mki

Moz DA Update Live

Looks like Mike was right.

/facepalm

I'm pretty sure they're baking rankings into the calculation. I believe I can prove this as I have a domain that Moz reports zero links (there are some Moz just hasn't found them) and it reports DA 2 PA 6 which is an improvement from DA 0 PA 4.

With Moz, their target audience is agencies and larger corporations. Depending on what you use the metrics for, this can be useful but that's not really what I personal use SEO data tools for.

To give you an idea how accurate this is, my PA 6 page of content is beating a PA 42 and a PA 47 and those pieces of content are on the same topic.

For link prospecting, it's useful as the metrics do represent "value" but not exclusively link equity.

Web Hosting

19 hours ago, mki said:

To give you an idea how accurate this is, my PA 6 page of content is beating a PA 42 and a PA 47 and those pieces of content are on the same topic.

You know what the Moz followers would say to that? Content is king. Links are no longer that important.

11 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

You know what the Moz followers would say to that? Content is king. Links are no longer that important.

I would say picking the right keywords and understanding at what keyword competition level your content can compete at is king.

It works consistently across all of my sites.

And I really don't recommend using Moz to try to find those keywords out.

On 3/7/2019 at 8:15 PM, mki said:

I would say picking the right keywords and understanding at what keyword competition level your content can compete at is king.

It works consistently across all of my sites.

And I really don't recommend using Moz to try to find those keywords out.

Picking keywords that are easy to rank for really has nothing to do with content. It's still all about links.