Sign in to follow this  
Lanfear63

Amazing Device Turns Thoughts Into Speech

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin
4 hours ago, PaulSch said:

Unfortunately, now I'm old, I just automatically turn my thoughts into words and as a result manage to offend everybody within hearing range.

Who needs a device?

It's for people who have lost the power of speech of course, but if any vacuum cleaner salesmen from Wooster come forward  with that condition it won't be covered by their health insurance. (said Dan Riffle, a local health insurance salesman)

18 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

I was lost for words reading this.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-48037592

It's not really tuning thoughts into speech. It's a matter of translating our intention to form certain shapes with our mouths, and a translator mimicking the sound that would make. It isn't really anything about what you are thinking, just what you want to say.

Apparently, I get a thrill out of correcting you...even when it's unwarranted.  No idea where it comes from. 

2 minutes ago, Claude Whitacre said:

It's not really tuning thoughts into speech. It's a matter of translating our intention to form certain shapes with our mouths, and a translator mimicking the sound that would make. It isn't really anything about what you are thinking, just what you want to say.

Apparently, I get a thrill out of correcting you...even when it's unwarranted.  No idea where it comes from. 

Probably comes from all those years you spent in a house of correction.