Sign in to follow this  
whateverpedia

Bill Nye, The Science Guy as you've never seen him before

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

But wait there is more.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/climate/toilet-paper-causes-climate-change/

Yes, perfect!

Or maybe we just need a carbon quilt, lol.

But maybe some good old fashioned, s*****house song will fix it?

But lets listen to Sheryl Crow, and her views on using one sheet of toilet paper, or she must be an expert on that one, or two!

Now, finally an expert! :P

Yep, he is an expert!

True, we need more teachers teaching about burning in hellfire! This is satire, by the way, (l probably need to point that out).

Now the experts! This has computer animation, so it must be true, lol!

Yep, expert!

This is real science, people holding signs, children with serious dyslexic issues, (l know the video was reversed) children whacking puddles, and dancing astronauts.

Not saying anything, but Aussies f***ing around with tini reductions, isn't doing much, getting CHina, India on board, would. Well, l will say that this is train is running on coal, from a coal mine in China, on its way to get burnt in a coal fired power plant.

:P

On 5/14/2019 at 11:40 AM, whateverpedia said:

Everyone's favourite nerd lets rip on something he feels very passionate about

CAUTION - STRONG LANGUAGE: Not safe for work, children or climate change denying morons.

This is serious stuff. Warmer oceans means far more category 5 hurricanes. Warmer temperatures means insects migrating further North, Coral reefs dying. Fish going out deeper into the ocean...making them harder to find. Hell, the last ice age was brought on because the temperature dropped by only 4 degrees. There are no longer glaciers on Iceland. The Arctic no longer freezes over in the Summer. 

Except for the very few climate scientists that are employed by oil companies...100% of climate scientists say we are causing dangerous warming of the planet.  

And to the deniers? Laugh, monkey, laugh.

25 minutes ago, Claude Whitacre said:

This is serious stuff. Warmer oceans means far more category 5 hurricanes. Warmer temperatures means insects migrating further North, Coral reefs dying. Fish going out deeper into the ocean...making them harder to find. Hell, the last ice age was brought on because the temperature dropped by only 4 degrees. There are no longer glaciers on Iceland. The Arctic no longer freezes over in the Summer. 

Except for the very few climate scientists that are employed by oil companies...100% of climate scientists say we are causing dangerous warming of the planet.  

And to the deniers? Laugh, monkey, laugh.

True, go to California's coastline and all you see is familys running away in terror grabbing their children, l don't know how l could have been so wrong, sigh.

🏖️

28 minutes ago, Tagiscom said:

True, go to California's coastline and all you see is familys running away in terror grabbing their children, l don't know how l could have been so wrong, sigh.

🏖️

This will be set as a sticky. 😉

Well, we have a glut of dead whales and dolphins. Why? Because they live in salt water. And the melting ice cap and glaciers is pouring fresh water into the oceans.  Fresh water doesn't mix easily with salt water. And fresh water is lighter than salt water. So it stays of the surface. Fish can go deep, but whales and dolphins have to stay near the surface. And the fresh water is causing lesions on their skin, where algae and bacteria grow.  joy.

29% of the birds are gone. We have 29% less birds than we did in 1970. Why? Pesticides that the insects eat, and that poisons the birds. Also, the increase in CO2 causes the plants to have less nutrition than they used to have. Making the grasses, and bugs that eat the grasses,  less nutritious. 

My wife and I were discussing the effects. It's funny what occurs to you. I wondered how hot it would have to be before they stopped making movies....stopped serving ice cream. 

I wondered what would have to happen before the stupidest of us recognized what was happening. I guess we'll find out.

3 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

Well, we have a glut of dead whales and dolphins. Why? Because they live in salt water. And the melting ice cap and glaciers is pouring fresh water into the oceans.  Fresh water doesn't mix easily with salt water. And fresh water is lighter than salt water. So it stays of the surface. Fish can go deep, but whales and dolphins have to stay near the surface. And the fresh water is causing lesions on their skin, where algae and bacteria grow.  joy.

29% of the birds are gone. We have 29% less birds than we did in 1970. Why? Pesticides that the insects eat, and that poisons the birds. Also, the increase in CO2 causes the plants to have less nutrition than they used to have. Making the grasses, and bugs that eat the grasses,  less nutritious. 

My wife and I were discussing the effects. It's funny what occurs to you. I wondered how hot it would have to be before they stopped making movies....stopped serving ice cream. 

I wondered what would have to happen before the stupidest of us recognized what was happening. I guess we'll find out.

I don't envy the youth of today and what they will have to face. Both of us are in the latter part of our lives and will avoid being around for the very worst of it. Riffle however will be around for much of it. I don't feel like making a joke out of that though.

We live in a surreal world where all the youth are rising up against it and trying to make awareness increase in the rest of us and take action. But, we have a leader who thinks it's all a conspiracy and takes away laws of animal conservation to drill for oil and removes the right for California to set its own emissions standards, simply because it's bad for business. 

2 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

Interesting points Claude, and points that l haven't heard before, (apart from the ice cream one, apparently they are considering removing some combinations that, etc).

Have to happen,.....if both sides got together and one side proved 100%, that they were right, then l would be on that side.

B)

2 hours ago, Tagiscom said:

Have to happen,.....if both sides got together and one side proved 100%, that they were right, then l would be on that side.

B)

Shane; There are not two sides. There are only the people who understand climate change and those who don't.  One "side" has already proven itself right. The only thing that isn't completely known is the result of the damage decades from now. We are in the middle of this catastrophe.  The East coast of the US has been pummeled this Summer by several "500 Years Storms". Several smaller island in the Atlantic ocean are now several feet underwater, making them disappear.

Jesus man, just watch the news. Google the damage. Stop going to political sites and religious sites. 

The CO2 levels in our atmosphere are higher than they have been in over 800,000 years. This isn't a "cycle". It isn't a debate. How can the people who are educated on the subject come together with those that are not? It isn't a matter of opinion. It's a hard fact that we are raising the temperature of our oceans and atmosphere.

The only uncertainty is whether the effects will become runaway, and we end up like Venus...crushing temperatures that will melt lead....or if we'll eventually settle into a new equilibrium. 

But the people that claim that this is unsettled science, are defending their own political self interests. Like the tobacco executives that claimed that tobacco did not cause cancer...no matter how many died, or what the evidence was. 

This is real. The government said so, the military says so, all countries agree. All scientists agree. All textbooks agree.  The only people that pretend this isn't real are people that work for the coal and oil companies. And those numbers are shrinking fast.

None of this evidence is secret. It's all available online. Just watch the news. The real news. Read a newspaper. Stop watching Youtube videos made by crack pots.

On 9/22/2019 at 4:06 AM, Claude Whitacre said:

Read a newspaper. Stop watching Youtube videos made by crack pots.

He does read a newspaper. Unfortunately it's a Murdoch publication, and is home to far more climate change denying crackpots than there are on YouTube. Notice how in every shot he manages to include this newspaper. There is absolutely no need for it to be included other than to signal to his legion of followers (both of them) where he stands. In fact I believe the coffee and cake part of the picture is an excuse to get that shitty low brow tabloid in a photo.

As long as he keeps getting his information from that shit-sheet, and keeps posting pictures of it as a badge of honour of sorts, he cannot be redeemed.

2cdZRVU.jpg