Sign in to follow this  
Wunderkind

Mailchimp Makes Changes to Pricing Structure

I know a lot of IM'ers use Mailchimp. They just recently changed their pricing and fee structures. Take note, this was written by someone who runs a competitor's product. Nevertheless, it does a good job outlining the changes. 

Also worth noting, these changes only impact free accounts and new paying subscribers. If you currently have a paid account with Mailchimp, this does not impact you, but I would not be surprised if this eventually rolls out to everyone. If you are on a free account and on the verge of hitting the point where you will have to pay, you are going to be put into the new pricing structure.

A few notes:

• In this new plan, you will now be paying for everyone, including people who have unsubscribed from your lists.
  • They took away the ability to send unlimited emails on paid accounts.
  • Mailchimp, like the old days of limited data and text plans on smartphones, is introducing overage charges. If your subscriber number hits the next tier level, instead of just upgrading you to the next plan, you will be upgraded AND charged an overage fee. Users will need to stay on top of their list counts as they approach the next pricing tier.
  • Lastly, they are gating a lot of their features in the different plan tiers. Previously, almost every feature was open to users at every tier, including free users. 

I had moved from Aweber to Constant Contact to Mailchimp. Might be time to look for a new service. I have always hated their clunky ass interface anyhow.

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin