whateverpedia

Netflix announces Breaking Bad film starring Aaron Paul

Not content with Breaking Bad prequel Better Call Saul, Vince Gilligan has written the script for a sequel to one of the best shows of this century, and any other century for that matter.

Aaron Paul will reprise his award winning role of Jesse Pinkman in the Netflix movie titled  El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie. It seems some of the lesser characters from Breaking Bad will also be returning such as Skinny Pete. There is speculation as to whether Walter White (played to perfection by Bryan Cranston) will also be making an appearance in the movie as well. Everyone is tight lipped about this as they are about the plot for the movie.

I've no doubt that the movie will be a blockbuster for Netflix, although I'm not sure whether it will be shown on Netflix AU, as local streaming site Stan has the rights for not only Breaking Bad, but also Better Call Saul. I guess it doesn't matter as it will be on one of the platforms. The only people who won't be able to see it are those who can't afford either platform and will just have to go on constantly whingeing about the parlous state of free to air television. Fuck 'em is what I reckon. If their flyer/font creation/swing trading "businesses" don't generate enough income to be able to afford these services they should question their life choices and probably get a job stacking shelves at the local supermarket.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/aug/25/netflix-announces-breaking-bad-film-starring-aaron-paul

What isn't mentioned in the article is the big question that is on everyone's minds is of course, "Will this Breaking Bad sequel be good enough to earn a nomination in that most prestigious of awards shows?" You can be assured that the Committee members will be watching this when it's released and judge it accordingly.

SEMrush

16 hours ago, whateverpedia said:

Not content with Breaking Bad prequel Better Call Saul, Vince Gilligan has written the script for a sequel to one of the best shows of this century, and any other century for that matter.

Aaron Paul will reprise his award winning role of Jesse Pinkman in the Netflix movie titled  El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie. It seems some of the lesser characters from Breaking Bad will also be returning such as Skinny Pete. There is speculation as to whether Walter White (played to perfection by Bryan Cranston) will also be making an appearance in the movie as well. Everyone is tight lipped about this as they are about the plot for the movie.

I've no doubt that the movie will be a blockbuster for Netflix, although I'm not sure whether it will be shown on Netflix AU, as local streaming site Stan has the rights for not only Breaking Bad, but also Better Call Saul. I guess it doesn't matter as it will be on one of the platforms. The only people who won't be able to see it are those who can't afford either platform and will just have to go on constantly whingeing about the parlous state of free to air television. Fuck 'em is what I reckon. If their flyer/font creation/swing trading "businesses" don't generate enough income to be able to afford these services they should question their life choices and probably get a job stacking shelves at the local supermarket.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/aug/25/netflix-announces-breaking-bad-film-starring-aaron-paul

What isn't mentioned in the article is the big question that is on everyone's minds is of course, "Will this Breaking Bad sequel be good enough to earn a nomination in that most prestigious of awards shows?" You can be assured that the Committee members will be watching this when it's released and judge it accordingly.

The Committee may not get to see it as Amazon Australia has no plans to air it having recently spent a large chunk of change on restored  copies of "Skippy The Bush Kangaroo"

6 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

The Committee may not get to see it as Amazon Australia has no plans to air it having recently spent a large chunk of change on restored  copies of "Skippy The Bush Kangaroo"

What have Amazon got to do with a show produced by Netflix, with the streaming rights to the original and its prequel being owned by Stan? You're drunk. Go home. If you're at home already, go to bed.

1 hour ago, whateverpedia said:

What have Amazon got to do with a show produced by Netflix, with the streaming rights to the original and its prequel being owned by Stan? You're drunk. Go home. If you're at home already, go to bed.

Are you trying to tell me that Amazon does not own everything in Australia?  

8 minutes ago, Lanfear63 said:

Are you trying to tell me that Amazon does not own everything in Australia?  

No, I do.

In fact I'm currently thinking of expanding internationally. I'm going to buy Greenland first off.

Whatty - The Chosen One, King Of Israel.

14 minutes ago, whateverpedia said:

No, I do.

In fact I'm currently thinking of expanding internationally. I'm going to buy Greenland first off.

Whatty - The Chosen One, King Of Israel.

People will worship you as ruler of Greenland. You will be known as "Thaw, God Of Slush"

2 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

People will worship you as ruler of Greenland. You will be known as "Thaw, God Of Slush"

I'd rather watch Live and Let, Live on Netflix myself.

B)

Not content with transforming Australia into a hellhole of creeping terror, the Spidahs From Oz brainwashed sweet, innocent Whatto into finding them a whole new virgin paradise to threaten with their arachnid malevolence.

"Greenland is the gateway to Canada and the US," said Spider Queen Hsss-mnom-mnom. "Now their is no containing our undisputed evil."

So much for mistakin' Whatto for a lovable ball of fun ...

21 hours ago, Princess Balestra said:

So much for mistakin' Whatto for a lovable ball of fun ...

Wadda ya mean? I am a typical Scorpian*, a lovable ball of fun with a nasty sting in its tail.

* Scorpian is the correct designation for someone born under the astrological sign of Scorpio.not a Scorpion. A scorpion is a lovable ball of fun with a nasty sting in its tail. See the difference?

12 hours ago, whateverpedia said:

Wadda ya mean? I am a typical Scorpian*, a lovable ball of fun with a nasty sting in its tail.

* Scorpian is the correct designation for someone born under the astrological sign of Scorpio.not a Scorpion. A scorpion is a lovable ball of fun with a nasty sting in its tail. See the difference?

Well what do you know, I'm a Scorpion too, what are the chances ( about 1 in 12) and was born on Halloween which gives me a double sting....we must have been separated at girth.

7 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

Well what do you know, I'm a Scorpion too, what are the chances ( about 1 in 12) and was born on Halloween which gives me a double sting....we must have been separated at girth.

I was born 2 days before Halloween. In historical terms I was born the day after the Cuban Missile Crisis ended. It's like I was not going to come out of the womb until the madness ended.

Separated by girth? I prefer to look at it as united by mirth (at Claude's expense).

On 8/28/2019 at 5:12 AM, whateverpedia said:

15 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

Two Scorpios?

Tellya, ima take care where I sit down in fyooture ...

The official trailer for this is out now and it does answer a few questions. From the trailer we can see that both Skinny Pete and Badger reappear and it seems to start off at the end of Breaking Bad. That ended with a bruised battered and scarred Jessie driving away from the neo-Nazi meth lab to apparent freedom.

The trailer however shows he's on the run from the law who still want to bring him to "justice" for his role in the events depicted in Breaking Bad.

Apart from that it doesn't a shed a great deal of light on what happens. Very intriguing. Very intriguing indeed.

Oh yeah, and it turns out it will indeed be shown on Netflix in Australia which is good news for Netflix subscribers and Breaking Bad fans alike.

It was pretty good. But nothing exceptional. Just a glorified episode imo. Could have been much better, The ending was too predictable and just  "weak" . Gilligan is not a Big screen or Movie  Writer/Director. Stick with the Cable tv and episodic television

1 hour ago, discrat said:

It was pretty good. Nothing exceptional. Just a glorified episode imo. Gilligan is not a Big screen Writer/Director. Stick with the Cable tv

I enjoyed it, but yeah, I agree it was more of a 2 hour episode of BB than a movie. A treat for BB fans, but not entirely necessary. I just hope they don't try and milk anymore out of it. I think that the next season of Better Call Saul will be the last one and then the whole BB story arc will be brought to an end.

On 10/12/2019 at 1:55 PM, whateverpedia said:

I enjoyed it, but yeah, I agree it was more of a 2 hour episode of BB than a movie. A treat for BB fans, but not entirely necessary. I just hope they don't try and milk anymore out of it. I think that the next season of Better Call Saul will be the last one and then the whole BB story arc will be brought to an end.

Yeah I do think it was a treat to see Paul's character again in the same light as always i.e. edgy but also full of humanity and empathy ( for instance the poor maid killed by that blonde hair psychopath made Jesse feel disgusted) .  Also skinny Pete and Badger were a riot to see again. Those two had their own raving fans in BB series

6 hours ago, discrat said:

Yeah I do think it was a treat to see Paul's character again in the same light as always i.e. edgy but also full of humanity and empathy ( for instance the poor maid killed by that blonde hair psychopath made Jesse feel disgusted) .  Also skinny Pete and Badger were a riot to see again. Those two had their own raving fans in BB series

I've seen some comments on social media about the next possible BB sequel. Remember how in BB Huell (the big black guy who was one of Saul's henchmen) was left sitting in an apartment after being taken into custody by Hank before Hank went off to meet his fate? Well, some wags have suggested that the next BB sequel should be 2 hours of Huell sitting in the apartment waiting for Hank to return. :lol:

Just found out that Robert Forster who plays the vacuum cleaner guy who helps Walt escape to New Hampshire, Saul to Nebraska and Jessie to Alaska passed away on the day El Camino was released. He had over 200 roles over a 50 year career and received a Best Supporting Actor Oscar nomination for Jackie Brown.

R.I.P.