Sign in to follow this  
whateverpedia

What could possibly go wrong?

Hypersonic missiles, stealthy cruise missiles, and weaponized artificial intelligence have so reduced the amount of time that decision makers in the United States would theoretically have to respond to a nuclear attack that, two military experts say, it’s time for a new US nuclear command, control, and communications system. Their solution? Give artificial intelligence control over the launch button.

:blink:

I don;t know which is worse, allowing an algorithm which can crash or be hacked into to control the weaponry that will eradicate all life on Earth, or leaving it in the hands of a species that was stupid enough to build them in the first place.

https://thebulletin.org/2019/08/strangelove-redux-us-experts-propose-having-ai-control-nuclear-weapons/

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin
10 minutes ago, whateverpedia said:

:blink:

I don;t know which is worse, allowing an algorithm which can crash or be hacked into to control the weaponry that will eradicate all life on Earth, or leaving it in the hands of a species that was stupid enough to build them in the first place.

https://thebulletin.org/2019/08/strangelove-redux-us-experts-propose-having-ai-control-nuclear-weapons/

Given the buffoon in charge over here I might be inclined to take my chances with AI

Interesting fact: Cyberdyne Systems was actually a cafeteria for robots

Every single time I see a story like this, I have the same thought. Did nobody watch Terminator and Terminator 2? (the rest of the franchise didn't happen)

I feel like these need to be mandatory viewing for top ranking government officials.

2 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

Every single time I see a story like this, I have the same thought. Did nobody watch Terminator and Terminator 2? (the rest of the franchise didn't happen)

I feel like these need to be mandatory viewing for top ranking government officials.

Claude was hit hard when they let Fishnet take over the adult movie industry.