Sign in to follow this  
Alistair

Google stealing traffic?

Ok wasn't sure what to put as the title but that will do. I don't know whether I've seen this before or not so has anybody else seen this? Basically I noticed today when I'm on desktop (haven't checked mobile etc) that in the search results there are some results that have drop down boxes below the result that if you click on shows more content from the website. It looks basically like answers to related questions. I've attached an image, it's not my niche so just picked an obvious one to demonstrate.

My initial thought was it's taking the piss as Google can be showing a fair bit of content from the site without you having to click away, but the content in the drop downs do seem to contain a link to the relevant page on the site so not sure whether it's good or bad.

Maybe this is old and I only just noticed lol.

Untitled.png

SEMrush

21 hours ago, Alistair said:

Ok wasn't sure what to put as the title but that will do. I don't know whether I've seen this before or not so has anybody else seen this? Basically I noticed today when I'm on desktop (haven't checked mobile etc) that in the search results there are some results that have drop down boxes below the result that if you click on shows more content from the website. It looks basically like answers to related questions. I've attached an image, it's not my niche so just picked an obvious one to demonstrate.

My initial thought was it's taking the piss as Google can be showing a fair bit of content from the site without you having to click away, but the content in the drop downs do seem to contain a link to the relevant page on the site so not sure whether it's good or bad.

Maybe this is old and I only just noticed lol.

Untitled.png

Your image isn't working. Can you PM it to me and I will get it fixed up?

I think I know what you are talking about, but want to make sure before I comment.

Okay, I see it now.

This has been around for some time now. A lot of people think it is triggered by using FAQ schema. I have seen it triggered both with and without the schema though. The important thing is to look for related searches asking questions and incorporate those questions and appropriate answers into the page. That seems to work to trigger these expanded results.