Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lanfear63

Hypothetical Question

Recommended Posts

97% of the Earth's population suddenly announce that the the sky is  green. Nothing else in the way of coloring is disagreed on.  The remaining 3% that see it as it is/was are enough to demand that everyone takes a color blindness test. Everybody it taken into windowless rooms with artificial light and take the test. All pass (except for people who are already color blind), the testing goes further, brain scans, testing for illness or disease, or signs of mental illness, other extensive eye testing too. No problems and no differences between the 97% and the 3%.are found. 

If you were part of the 3%, how would you handle this. Would you carry on insisting that the sky is blue? Would you rely on what you are still seeing with your own eyes and remembering that it always was blue. The 97% remember it being blue too but now insist it is green, but no scientific research on the atmosphere composition  can account for it changing color, which to your perceptions, it hasn't.

Would you begin to feel ostracized by the majority opinion and go along with them? 

I will add that this state of affairs goes on for generations, always with the same percentage of green and blue perceivers. So, for the majority of the population, the blue sky memory fades, except for the 3%

I suspect it will eventually turn into something akin to racism

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin
1 hour ago, Lanfear63 said:

97% of the Earth's population suddenly announce that the the sky is  green. Nothing else in the way of coloring is disagreed on.  The remaining 3% that see it as it is/was are enough to demand that everyone takes a color blindness test. Everybody it taken into windowless rooms with artificial light and take the test. All pass (except for people who are already color blind), the testing goes further, brain scans, testing for illness or disease, or signs of mental illness, other extensive eye testing too. No problems and no differences between the 97% and the 3%.are found. 

If you were part of the 3%, how would you handle this. Would you carry on insisting that the sky is blue? Would you rely on what you are still seeing with your own eyes and remembering that it always was blue. The 97% remember it being blue too but now insist it is green, but no scientific research on the atmosphere composition  can account for it changing color, which to your perceptions, it hasn't.

Would you begin to feel ostracized by the majority opinion and go along with them? 

I will add that this state of affairs goes on for generations, always with the same percentage of green and blue perceivers. So, for the majority of the population, the blue sky memory fades, except for the 3%

I suspect it will eventually turn into something akin to racism

Hypothetical is in the eye of the beholder.

:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dan Riffle said:

I would figure it was the work of the Universe retconning itself and then I would post videos from other insane people to support my position. 

Rather an extreme reaction from you. I would suggest you see a psychiatrist.  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

97% of the Earth's population suddenly announce that the the sky is  green. Nothing else in the way of coloring is disagreed on.  The remaining 3% that see it as it is/was are enough to demand that everyone takes a color blindness test. Everybody it taken into windowless rooms with artificial light and take the test. All pass (except for people who are already color blind), the testing goes further, brain scans, testing for illness or disease, or signs of mental illness, other extensive eye testing too. No problems and no differences between the 97% and the 3%.are found. 

If you were part of the 3%, how would you handle this. Would you carry on insisting that the sky is blue? Would you rely on what you are still seeing with your own eyes and remembering that it always was blue. The 97% remember it being blue too but now insist it is green, but no scientific research on the atmosphere composition  can account for it changing color, which to your perceptions, it hasn't.

Would you begin to feel ostracized by the majority opinion and go along with them? 

I will add that this state of affairs goes on for generations, always with the same percentage of green and blue perceivers. So, for the majority of the population, the blue sky memory fades, except for the 3%

I suspect it will eventually turn into something akin to racism

Let's be clear. In your "hypothetical", you are not the one seeing the sky as blue. And you are not seeing it as green. You are seeing it as blue, and insisting that it used to be green. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Claude Whitacre said:

Let's be clear. In your "hypothetical", you are not the one seeing the sky as blue. And you are not seeing it as green. You are seeing it as blue, and insisting that it used to be green. 

 

I moved off planet several years ago. From my location on Mars (a beautiful cream colored world) I look through my telescope at Earth and see a blue/green planet. I have heard from you, part of the 3% who sees the sky still as blue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.