Sign in to follow this  
Mike Martin

Graphics Designer?

I'm looking for a really good and reliable designer that I will keep busy on a monthly basis. The type of graphics I'm looking for are sort-of like infographics, but rather sic looking graphics that help convey a story through out an article.

Can anyone recommend somebody?

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

Fiverr.com is a good source for our-sourcing graphic work. That is typically where I find Freelancers for my projects.

Here's what you do. You find a local college, especially an arts school with a graphic design program. You call them up and tell them you are a local business owner and ask if they have any students that are looking for some work they can add to their portfolio. They always are. Finding a job as a graphic design student after school basically comes down to how impressive of a portfolio than can put together, and if they have real-world work versus just some stuff they put together it will help.

You will still have to pay them (usually), but I've had stuff done that would have cost me $800 for $50-75.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I've used graphicriver.net in the past for icons. I'll dig around. I just hate weeding through the heard to find the gems out there.

Here's what you do. You find a local college, especially an arts school with a graphic design program. You call them up and tell them you are a local business owner and ask if they have any students that are looking for some work they can add to their portfolio. They always are. Finding a job as a graphic design student after school basically comes down to how impressive of a portfolio than can put together, and if they have real-world work versus just some stuff they put together it will help.

You will still have to pay them (usually), but I've had stuff down that would have cost me $800 for $50-75.

Excellent tip, Mike. We must have posted at the same time lol. At my school there's a bullentin board where companies post job offers for web designers, etc -- I might just pin one up and see what I can work out.

Excellent tip, Mike. We must have posted at the same time lol. At my school there's a bullentin board where companies post job offers for web designers, etc -- I might just pin one up and see what I can work out.

You are probably wasting your time there. There are counselors at a lot of these schools who are responsible for helping ensure their graduates will get employed after graduation. They will literally foam over you usually if you call them directly. Not only that, if they are specific to the arts department and you tell them a little bit about the kind of work you are looking for, they are often familiar with the students and will do a good job of matching one up with you that fits your needs.

In other words, if you tell them you will probably have more work in the future for the kids, they will likely get you one of their most talented students.