Sign in to follow this  
Mike Friedman

What is preventing you from increasing your income by $50,000 over 2014?

I think one of the attractions to this type of business is the potential of almost limitless income. 

So, what is preventing you from seeing a $50k increase this year over last year? Or are you on pace for that?

I know someone that wanted to increase her income by 10x this year. She hit her goal by the end of March. (and no, her income in 2014 was not $1  :rolleyes: )

SEMrush

I do run a small agency with couple of sales people, the issue preventing me to see 50K more is I get a report from the sales rep that they can not beat the competition! Basically, when we convince the client to hear our pitch the next step is to submit a proposal. But they come back to us and say whatever you are claiming you are good at there is an offshore agency offer it for $79/month! 

I do run a small agency with couple of sales people, the issue preventing me to see 50K more is I get a report from the sales rep that they can not beat the competition! Basically, when we convince the client to hear our pitch the next step is to submit a proposal. But they come back to us and say whatever you are claiming you are good at there is an offshore agency offer it for $79/month! 

What kind of businesses are they calling on?

By the way, this is an SEO agency or are you offering something else? I forget.

I know we have several SEOs in the Inner Circle. I think I might do a sample pitch on our call on Tuesday, or at least cover 2-3 things that I say which I believe makes my service stand out and those little $50-100/month services look like an unattractive option.

We're offering SEO, PPC and Web Development. We are always targeting lucrative businesses that we know if we send them new customers via their website they will earn good amount of money (eg. lawyers, doctors,... in general professionals). I don't say we can not close any deals as they are also lots of people understand the quality of work and they don't mind to pay $3k/month as long as they're getting result. But when you're pitching someone for $3K and he already received a quote for $79, it is hell of a job to convince him about $2,921 different!!

We're offering SEO, PPC and Web Development. We are always targeting lucrative businesses that we know if we send them new customers via their website they will earn good amount of money (eg. lawyers, doctors,... in general professionals). I don't say we can not close any deals as they are also lots of people understand the quality of work and they don't mind to pay $3k/month as long as they're getting result. But when you're pitching someone for $3K and he already received a quote for $79, it is hell of a job to convince him about $2,921 different!!

Lol... I hear that.

Make your salespeople travel with a furry stuffed Penguin.  :o

We all know $79 a month doesn't leave any room for profit for the person selling at such a low price (I don't care If they live in a hut). That could be an advantage If you follow up with the delusional $79 client at 3 months & 6 months after your first contact. Do a courtesy check & ask them how they're ranking today. Are they ready to get serious or do they prefer to keep paying $79 for page #3 on Google SERPs?

We all know $79 a month doesn't leave any room for profit for the person selling at such a low price (I don't care If they live in a hut). That could be an advantage If you follow up with the delusional $79 client at 3 months & 6 months after your first contact. Do a courtesy check & ask them how they're ranking today. Are they ready to get serious or do they prefer to keep paying $79 for page #3 on Google SERPs?

That's something we do. But the other problems we faced recently is Yellowpages start to offering SEO services (or maybe they used to and I did not know) as well as Rogers (It's the leading telecom company in Canada) offering PPC services for dirt cheap!