Sign in to follow this  
DarthSCULPT

Not a PBN, but an open collection of satellite/lead gen site for client

Is there a potential Google penalty or other foreseeable downside to having a host (5-10) of lead gen sites (+/-5 pages) each focusing on a certain aspect of the client?

I don't see the need for private registrations, multiple host providers, etc because there is nothing to hide. I simply want my client to have a diversified virtual real estate portfolio.

I ask because I do this, but not with a bunch of sites, just one lead gen per client now, and the #1 guy by a mile in the industry has 90% of his links coming from sites he or his team OPENLY controls.

I realize that backlinks are not all of SEO, but they play an important role as does branding/awareness, which is what my LGN (lead gen network) would accomplish. Each would focus on 1 or 2 keywords and LSI thereof.

Thoughts? 

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

I think most of us SEOs have been doing something like this for a lot of our clients for years.

I know it is something I have talked about a good bit on the forum here and I think on 1 or 2 of our live calls.

And yeah, there is no reason to use private registration or separate hosting if all of the sites are basically branded anyhow. There is no reason to hide anything.

I think most of us SEOs have been doing something like this for a lot of our clients for years.

I know it is something I have talked about a good bit on the forum here and I think on 1 or 2 of our live calls.

And yeah, there is no reason to use private registration or separate hosting if all of the sites are basically branded anyhow. There is no reason to hide anything.

Cool, that's what I was hoping to hear. It's not a PBN empire, but it's controlled hyper-relevant linkage with branding built-in.

So can you clear this up for me? I keep getting mixed answers. 

I have 7 sites in the same niche (Mike you know my niche) :)

If I have all 7 of those on one shared hosting is that ok? 

What if I have links to each of them to the others? 

So Site one will have at the footer all the other 6 sites. 

I have them on separate hosting now to be safe and only link 1 or two of them for fear of getting smacked, but I would love to put them on the same host and link them all up 

One of my competitors does this but not sure if he is lucky or he will get busted. He has like 5 sites in the same niche and a few other niches and links a lot of them up. His whole BL profile is basically all his websites. He ranks pretty good with just those links and some good On page. 

One of my competitors does this but not sure if he is lucky or he will get busted. He has like 5 sites in the same niche and a few other niches and links a lot of them up. His whole BL profile is basically all his websites. He ranks pretty good with just those links and some good On page. 

This is exactly what one my client's competitors does. At first I wanted to SpyGlass his backlink profile and mirror those links, but when I saw that 95% of his links are from his own lead gen sites (logo and all, not hiding it) then I realized that I just needed to scale up what I was already offering my client - a lead generation site network, of sorts.

So can you clear this up for me? I keep getting mixed answers. 

I have 7 sites in the same niche (Mike you know my niche) :)

If I have all 7 of those on one shared hosting is that ok? 

What if I have links to each of them to the others? 

So Site one will have at the footer all the other 6 sites. 

I have them on separate hosting now to be safe and only link 1 or two of them for fear of getting smacked, but I would love to put them on the same host and link them all up 

It depends really. 

I have clients who are linking sites like this together, but the sites are all branded. Their business name and logo are all over them, so it wasn't like we were trying to hide anything anyhow. The sites are generally designed to target different segments of their target market.

If you are doing that, then why not put them on the same host?

If you are building the sites purely for links, I would keep them separate.