Mike Friedman

Why are you not using PPC advertising today?

10 members have voted

1. 1. Why is PPC advertising not a part of your online marketing right now?

• It is too expensive.
    • I cannot afford it.
    • I have never used it before and am afraid/unsure about getting started.
    • I have heard it is really difficult to do well.
    • I am using it.
    • I am not interested in using PPC.

Web Hosting

I would have voted for: Not interested

I have three sources of existing traffic (direct traffic + direct niche sites/forums + SEO) that are free other than time invested. The PPC profit margin is also too low for things like $20 downloadable products.

I'm using it for a few of my clients and recently added another one to the books where there's so much more to it - the space is more competitive so the tracking, landing pages, call to actions, relevancy, etc. all have to be analysed in-depth. It's definitely a ball game that requires investment in time and knowledge - you can't just put up and advert and let it sit, unless you want to waste a lot of money. It's surprising how many companies throw thousands of dollars down the drain by not adding negative keywords and improving their QS and funnels. 

I would have voted for: Not interested

I have three sources of existing traffic (direct traffic + direct niche sites/forums + SEO) that are free other than time invested. The PPC profit margin is also too low for things like $20 downloadable products.

Added not interested as an option.

The quality of my sites is not there yet to use PPC, it also seems that I need to have mass volumes to be able to profit from it as I can't afford to pay more then about $0,10/click, so sending PPC traffic to my smaller sites would likely only bring in a few 100 visitors a month and maybe $50 profit or so, just not worth all the effort right now.